• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anne Hathaway's Oscar

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I found this article, Anne Hathaway Was Miserable When She Won Her Oscar: “I Tried to Preten | Vanity Fair, on Anne Hathaway's experience receiving her Oscar.

Remember the “It came true” heard 'round the world? In 2013, Anne Hathaway picked up a best-supporting-actress Oscar for her role as the tortured prostitute Fantine in Les Miserables—delivering an acceptance speech she had surely been preparing her entire life. While it seemed like a storybook night for the famously earnest star, it turns out that in the moment, she was basically living out the lyrics to the iconic Britney Spears track “Lucky,” as the actress revealed in a recent interview.

“I felt very uncomfortable,” Hathaway told the Guardian, speaking about that fateful night. “I kind of lost my mind doing that movie and it hadn’t come back yet.”

While promoting Les Mis, the actress spoke quite often about the intense filming experience—while making the movie, she cut her hair, lost weight, and always seemed on the brink of total exhaustion. On top of all that, she did research on prostitution in order to flesh out her portrayal of Fantine.

Hathaway’s Oscar journey was also marred by an unfavorable reputation—in a short period of time, she went from a friendly famous face to an actress the public loved to hate. The misery cocktail made for an unhappy Hathaway by the time she made it to the Oscars stage, wearing that pink Prada gown and a $10 million necklace.

“I had to stand up in front of people and feel something I don’t feel, which is uncomplicated happiness,” she says. “It’s an obvious thing, you win an Oscar and you’re supposed to be happy. I didn’t feel that way. I felt wrong that I was standing there in a gown that cost more than some people are going to see in their lifetime, and winning an award for portraying pain that still felt very much a part of our collective experience as human beings. I tried to pretend that I was happy and I got called out on it, big time. That’s the truth and that’s what happened. It sucks. But what you learn from it is that you only feel like you can die from embarrassment, you don’t actually die.”

You don't actually die! That's something! It's hardcore as hell, but a silver lining is a silver lining, kid. Though she's currently busy working on a couple of projects, Hathaway has kept her film slate light the last few years. She's also been busy taking care of her newborn son, Jonathan. Or as she puts it: “I’m feeding a child from my body, and that takes up all my time.” Never change, Hathaway.

I didn't care about Anne Hathaway's acceptance speech. I still haven't heard it. ^But this arouses feeling in me. I understand that she over-identified with Fantine and I wish she hadn't. I rented Les Mis because I thought I'd be entertained.. And I was traumatized. So I don't think she deserved the Oscar, and I want her to give it back.

How does her interview make you feel?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
This will sound too NTJish but this issue doesn't really make me feel anything really. This is pure drama and reason why I don't really care about life of celebrities at all. Especially since I think that fare share of Hollywood actually belongs to various mental institutions. She could have given everyone the finger on the stage and throw the Oscar into the crowd and I still wouldn't really care about it. :shrug:

The most meaningful part for me is that she will give her son more attention. I guess I can say that all of this makes me feel frustated.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This will sound too NTJish but this issue doesn't really make me feel anything really. This is pure drama and reason why I don't really care about life of celebrities at all. Especially since I think that fare share of Hollywood actually belongs to various mental institutions. She could have given everyone the finger on the stage and throw the Oscar into the crowd and I still wouldn't really care about it. :shrug:

Oh, I'm not surprised you didn't care.

And then the men in white coats show up at the Oscars to drag her off to the mental institution. I would enjoy that....She might belong in an institution. She said she ate small portions of gruel to lose 25 lbs for her role. All for our entertainment. Maybe that's a bit nuts.

Anyways, this speech wasn't the first of her off moments. Her interviews and tv appearances had been off for a while. This was just the first instance that enough people all noticed at once.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Oh, I'm not surprised you didn't care.

And then the men in white coats show up at the Oscars to drag her off to the mental institution. I would enjoy that....She might belong in an institution. She said she ate small portions of gruel to lose 25 lbs for her role. All for our entertainment. Maybe that's a bit nuts.

Anyways, this speech wasn't the first of her off moments. Her interviews and tv appearances had been off for a while. This was just the first instance that enough people all noticed at once.

If you read my post carefuly you will see I said that about most of the Holywood not only about her specifically. Since I do think that entertaiment industry these days promotes/spreads mental illness. In other words it allows mentally ill to express themselves to everybody. I know that I am radical but this is what I really think on the issue. For me that interview and those claims are just a part of bigger picture ... that I don't really like.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I found this article, Anne Hathaway Was Miserable When She Won Her Oscar: “I Tried to Preten | Vanity Fair, on Anne Hathaway's experience receiving her Oscar.

I didn't care about Anne Hathaway's acceptance speech. I still haven't heard it. ^But this arouses feeling in me. I understand that she over-identified with Fantine and I wish she hadn't. I rented Les Mis because I thought I'd be entertained.. And I was traumatized. So I don't think she deserved the Oscar, and I want her to give it back.

How does her interview make you feel?

*shrug* It doesn't make me feel anything although I can sympathize. Giving an Oscar speech seems excruciating to me. I'm sure the role was a challenge (not seen the movie, have seen the musical). I was not traumatized. So maybe that's the difference. If Anne Hathaway *is* still traumatized, she should seek some help with that. I'm also glad she is taking parenting seriously.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
*shrug* It doesn't make me feel anything although I can sympathize. Giving an Oscar speech seems excruciating to me. I'm sure the role was a challenge (not seen the movie, have seen the musical). I was not traumatized. So maybe that's the difference. If Anne Hathaway *is* still traumatized, she should seek some help with that. I'm also glad she is taking parenting seriously.

I probably exaggerated saying "traumatized," but I didn't like it. I tensed up when they pulled the characters teeth out.

- - - Updated - - -

I must be missing something.

The interview just frustrated me, was all.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not sure what's wrong with the interview either. It's just an interview. *shrug*