• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Wars: Contra Flow vs Syn Flow

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think one of the reasons I liked Rogue One so much is because the whole vibe to it is contra flow. I felt it as soon as Captain Andor came on screen...I mean even K-2SO seemed contra flow.

Especially in comparison to Episode VII, that was extremely syn flow.

Typology context, in case you don't know what I'm talking about:

Ep I - I'm unsure because it's been so long since I've seen it
II- contra
III - contra
Rogue One - contra
IV - syn
V - mixed
VI - syn
VII - syn

Thoughts?

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think one of the reasons I liked Rogue One so much is because the whole vibe to it is contra flow. I felt it as soon as Captain Andor came on screen...I mean even K-2SO seemed contra flow.

Especially in comparison to Episode VII, that was extremely syn flow.

Typology context, in case you don't know what I'm talking about:

Ep I - I'm unsure because it's been so long since I've seen it
II- contra
III - contra
Rogue One - contra
IV - syn
V - mixed
VI - syn
VII - syn

Thoughts?

This is the first I've heard of this. But thinking about it, all of the characters seemed to operate somewhat seperately and apart from each other, even when they were part of a team. They all seemed to hold each other at a kind of distance. Is this what you're referring to?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This is the first I've heard of this. But thinking about it, all of the characters seemed to operate somewhat separately and apart from each other, even when they were part of a team. They all seemed to hold each other at a kind of distance. Is this what you're referring to?

Yes, exactly. That, and contra flow is very "against the grain" I suppose. Rogue One seemed very gritty, and it makes sense since it's a movie about rebellion.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, exactly. That, and contra flow is very "against the grain" I suppose. Rogue One seemed very gritty, and it makes sense since it's a movie about rebellion.

It was like the movie showed you a different part of the galaxy that was undeniably the same galaxy. It made the universe seem larger, somehow. But that's not really related to Ennegram, I don't think.

The characters weren't quite what I expected them to be. I liked that Jyn initially wanted no part in it, and then kind of felt herself sucked in. That seems kind of contra flow, I think. I guess the closest analogue is Han Solo in the original movie, but in that case even at moments when he tried to hold himself apart, there was something kind of drawing him in, I think.

Oh, and is contra flow the same thing as upstream?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It was like the movie showed you a different part of the galaxy that was undeniably the same galaxy. It made the universe seem larger, somehow. But that's not really related to Ennegram, I don't think.

The characters weren't quite what I expected them to be. I liked that Jyn initially wanted no part in it, and then kind of felt herself sucked in. That seems kind of contra flow, I think. I guess the closest analogue is Han Solo in the original movie, but in that case even at moments when he tried to hold himself apart, there was something kind of drawing him in, I think.

Yea, I mean Jyn is at the very least she's so last haha. And yea, I could see that with Han, but I'd say there was more "togetherness" with him than "against the grain" though.