• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

In games do you go for the good or evil path (If both which do you go for first)?

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Honestly I try to play pretty much in the middle first play through and most often. I also have good characters and evil characters. But I usually loose interest pretty quickly. video games can be kinda boring to me.
d3097a0d40e9fc75b1f145da68d813691376637316_full.jpg

Go evil then it will be a lot more fun ha ha.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on the game. I remember the evil path could be a lonely path in Fallout 3 because it was too easy to blow up Megaton and piss off settlements, then be left with no friends in the game, but evil in New Vegas was much more rewarding. I've not played Fallout 4.

Usually I prefer to play as a neutral loner who occasionally helps people in need.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well to put things short: good feels good. Playing a path of courtesy and kindness provides plenty of emotional payoff.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well to put things short: good feels good. Playing a path of courtesy and kindness provides plenty of emotional payoff.

Evil rampaging can also feel good.

I remember taking my orc warrior in full heavy armor and barreling through White Run with a battleaxe. Felt good at the time :D

And when I used to play Hitman Blood Money and Absolution, sneaking successfully was a rewarding challenge, but sometimes you just want to run through and fuck everyone up.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Evil rampaging can also feel good.

I remember taking my orc warrior in full heavy armor and barreling through White Run with a battleaxe. Felt good at the time :D

And when I used to play Hitman Blood Money and Absolution, sneaking successfully was a rewarding challenge, but sometimes you just want to run through and fuck everyone up.

True, although I'd argue that what you're describing is simply a form of catharsis - this can be achieved regardless of the moral path one decides to take, in my opinion. The problem I find with the 'evil' path is that there are usually consequences of walking it. NPCs chastise you, and it's a feeling that stings.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
When I play I try all of the stuff that game offers. Generally I prefer the side that requires more intelligence and skill, since that is what makes most fun for me.

However being in the ultra competent Lawful Evil role has a special place in my heart. :devil:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
When I play I try all of the stuff that game offers. Generally I prefer the side that requires more intelligence and skill, since that is what makes most fun for me.

However being in the ultra competent Lawful Evil role has a special place in my heart. :devil:

Oh my a big bad guy with a sense of honor. Très sexy.
1d41d73d13b416aa841803edbdde996c.gif

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well.

I'm sarcastic, shake things up, mess around with NPC's in various ways because I get my kicks. ;)

As for tough choices: I do whatever is pragmatic above all. Logical, regardless of feelings. Even so .. I do have a code and a line I won't ever cross in-game. Like betraying allies loyal to you, even if they're annoying. Or killing of loose ends in a mission(witnesses, or might know something but say they don't) I'd usually do, yes, but not if they're kids or woman and no threat to me. That's beneath me as a roleplayer. I could never go full on evil to the point of being completely dishonorable or heartless because it sickens me. I may be cold and apathetic seeming in games, but I play it honorably enough.

I don't kick puppies or give everyone hugs. I go by some moral code of my own, which tends to be outside whatever is expected in-game(Black and White is too simplistic and dull, I'll break the system). Otherwise if the code isn't crossed then my sole focus will be self benefit of my character.(Or my power base, assuming I have one)

Overall I'd say I'm pretty grey. Chaotic Neutral, or True Neutral? I gravitate around.

In star wars I played honorable sith's and grey jedi's. Tales from Borderlands and other Telltale games like Game of Thrones I ended up more neutral and towards pragmatism, and I let anyone join me who will aid me in any way unless they've proven untrustworthy to me. In Alpha Protocol I joined the bad guy at the end only to betray him and take over his secret organization network, having built up my power base prior so instead of him manipulating me into his hands he fell into mine. Then I had ultimate control to make things better from the corrupt organizations beforehand. Or Mass Effect where I am also pragmatic and more of a Paragade or Renegon(mixed) rather than Paragon(good moral man) or Renegade(controlling jerk, with a temper) but both can have a level of pragmatism. Ect. I love multiple choice roleplay games for the freedom of choice it presents, even if the games end up more often than not very linear either way.

But I also observe my own gameplay and even others gameplay on YouTube often for example ... to analyze what they did and their reasoning's because it fascinates me.