• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Everyone has one great novel in them

dynamiteninja

Man for all seasons
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Dunno how well known this phrase is, but is it true? That is, that if any one person dedicated the time and effort to writing a novel, that they could come up with something of passable worth?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I think so too, whether it be fictional or not. I know I've been writing a script (for a comic book actually..) for a couple years now.. I'm no where near done with it, but I hope it'll be something great one day!

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I think so. Everyone has something that they have insight into... something that others can relate to and learn from.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well this thread is gonna die: What's your one great novel about?

Mine: The intricacies of communication. The minute body language and the beats and the slang and the tiny little things we try to read and convey when we try to talk or listen or lie or convey. The comfort of the dark. The beautiful purple hiding in the sky. The loss of true memory when the human mind twists it around half-remembered dreams and the vivid fantasies we repeat until we don't know if they're real. Loyalty and friendship and ideals... And astronauts with laser guns. Eating freeze-dried fish ice cream.

reason

MBTI Type
ESFJ
'there is no such thing as good writing, only rewriting', or so someone once said. Likewise, everyone (well, almost everyone), has a good novel "in" them, the question is how many crap drafts they'll need to go through first, and whether they'll have the patience.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes. Most people I've known came out with something, somewhere in a conversation that left me thinking 'wow, here I thought you were some ordinary joe shmo, but you went through all of THAT!'

O

Oberon

I once started a novel that I realized partway in was going to be so complex and arcane a novel that I rewrote it as a screenplay.

That did away with all the problems I was having with inscrutable details.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I agree. Trouble is, mine would be a science fiction story, and since I don't actually read much fiction of any kind, I would probably write what someone else already has.