• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Something I Wrote

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll post one more.

I wrote this for a girl who had been given an intervention for cutting herself.

The Cutting Edge

nothing looks right
the pressure's building
got to be just right
but the path is tilting

in a flood of blood
to bring her relief
she cuts herself
to dissect her need

some days
it's too hard to be you
the punishment
it puts you through
to drive you down
into the dirt
the tug of war
to hold your worth

though her soul cries no
to the oozing lines
a voice, it says
just one more time

protracted crawl
to the finish line
fighting, gaining
falling behind
claw and tear
to the bitter end
see how it feels
to win again

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I like it quite a bit, namely the last verse.

You know, I keep all of my writing over at one site, along with my photography. I'll give you the link, if you like. I just feel like such a doof posting my dithering on here. It seems really lame. lol

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
You know, I keep all of my writing over at one site, along with my photography. I'll give you the link, if you like. I just feel like such a doof posting my dithering on here. It seems really lame. lol

Awww, don't, tis not lame. I thought both were great. I'm not lying to be nice either, since I'm not one for false compliments. I would have just refrained from posting if I did not think much of your work. Truthfully, I enjoyed them both.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
"The Coolest Story Ever" by Jack Flak, age 16 iirc. (In the style of Beavis et al)

There was this cat that used to live next door to me with this real psycho guy. This guy was psycho and he had this cat too. His cat was really cool because we would feed him drain cleaner or other stuff and then he would go have hallucinations or something. This cat was psycho, cause he would like run around with mice and birds in his mouth and flush them down the toilet afterwords, and sometimes he would flush himself down the toilet and no one would see him for days. It was really cool cause the cat would like get flushed and then show up a couple days later, you know? I couldn't explain it too. One day this cat was running real freekin fast like a cheetah cause I saw a cheetah on tv once they're freekin fast. Anyway he was running and his owner, that psycho, was chasing him on this big-ass motorcycle he stole from a rich dude after he shot him. This cat was getting chased and he got run over by us as we peeled around the corner but the coolest part was when we hit the driver of the motorcycle and he flew like fifty feet away and hit a sports car and it crashed too. Everybody died except me and the cat and we're almost dead now so I wrote this story. Yeah, this story kicks ass.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I should probably say, specifically, that I'm capable of throwing my consciousness into another realm--the story's not autobiographical in the LEAST.

LadyJaye

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
"The Coolest Story Ever" by Jack Flak, age 16 iirc. (In the style of Beavis et al)

There was this cat that used to live next door to me with this real psycho guy. This guy was psycho and he had this cat too. His cat was really cool because we would feed him drain cleaner or other stuff and then he would go have hallucinations or something. This cat was psycho, cause he would like run around with mice and birds in his mouth and flush them down the toilet afterwords, and sometimes he would flush himself down the toilet and no one would see him for days. It was really cool cause the cat would like get flushed and then show up a couple days later, you know? I couldn't explain it too. One day this cat was running real freekin fast like a cheetah cause I saw a cheetah on tv once they're freekin fast. Anyway he was running and his owner, that psycho, was chasing him on this big-ass motorcycle he stole from a rich dude after he shot him. This cat was getting chased and he got run over by us as we peeled around the corner but the coolest part was when we hit the driver of the motorcycle and he flew like fifty feet away and hit a sports car and it crashed too. Everybody died except me and the cat and we're almost dead now so I wrote this story. Yeah, this story kicks ass.

LOL!

That cat sounds like a Weapon X project.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I just finished watching Cyrano de Bergerac, and am eager to come up with something flowery and cool. 'though I'd have to cut off a limb or something to be able to do it whilst dueling.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Please tell me it was the exemplary Jose Ferrer version. I love that movie. The play is wonderful too.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You fitfully disgust me! *storms away*

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I watched the version by the guy who did A Clockwork Orange.

But I vow to learn French so I don't need subs. It sickened me hearing the rhymes but not seeing them.

Nevertheless, the writer did a wonderful job. A beautiful script.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Kubrick didn't do Cyrano de Bergerac, did he? I thought I knew Kubrick quite well.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I'm talking scripts. Hence the subject of the thread.

Sorry for misreading the both of you.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
The play has been produced all over the world. In 1950 it was brought to movie screens in the United States by the United Artists studio with Jose Ferrer starring in the title role. Noted writer Anthony Burgess (A Clockwork Orange) translated the play in 1971: this translation was used as the basis for the subtitles for the 1990 French film version directed by Jean-Paul Rappineau and starring Gerard Depardieu.

Hence I will take an uninformed guess that the 1990 version is better.