• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Something I Wrote

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
FIRST!! LadyJaye, that was a lovely read. I had very upbeat, but soft instrumentals in my head and it relaxed me for a good minute... until my cat decided she wanted to play, then I got hyper again. But rest assured for me to relax in the middle of the day is a feat in and of itself!

You want a script? I'll show you a script. I've attached the play I actually turned in to Creative Writing in high school. I started it about 2:30 AM the day it was due.

:heart: A short, touching tale about the sad unfortunate events that our band of brothers were forced to endure, and how we can still learn to smile despite tragedy. A masterpiece.

Shit. I actually thought that your point WAS to mean it like this:

It stopped me thinking for a while. Simple, yet touching. The fragility of a writer. It is so easy to paint a painting, anyone can go and interpret whatever they want. It is different with words. More precise and revealing. It takes guts to write poems.

That wasn't your meaning, though... so, nevermind.

I about DIED laughing reading this, because for half a second I thought the same thing.

I really loved your pantoum, Lady Jaye! I love those old poetry forms. I wrote a villanelle in grad school--perhaps I'll post it. :smile:

Post! I demand it!! ..Lovingly.. of course..

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Perhaps I needed closure before I went to sleep...But I'm not sure I slept that night.

Martoon

perdu fleur par bologne
MBTI Type
INTP
Oh, thank you. *is able to breathe freely for once*
Don't mention it. You know anyplace I could unload mine?

I would apologize for derailing this thread, but the topic is "Something I Wrote".

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I really loved your pantoum, Lady Jaye! I love those old poetry forms. I wrote a villanelle in grad school--perhaps I'll post it. :smile:

You post yours and I'll post mine! :cheese:

I also have a few rondeaus - have you tried that form yet? It's fun to fritter with.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
You post yours and I'll post mine! :cheese:

I also have a few rondeaus - have you tried that form yet? It's fun to fritter with.

K! Haven't tried the rondeau, but I do enjoy frittering! :smile:

I just dug around for my poem on the computer, but can't find it. Looks like I'll have to type it up. Argh.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I'm sorry, I just can't take this as serious poetry. None of the lines started with "T'is".

Ok, you got me. What obviously was masked as a serious work of poetry (that certainly wasn't created right then and there) was in fact a joke! A jeuvanile mockery of the great art of poetry! A stain in the proverbial fabric of the arts! A missed spot of sunscreen on the proverbial back of human expression!

Alas! :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Okay, as promised--my villanelle on the subject of boring professors. :smile:

Villanelle-ing as the Paint Peels​

Just one more hour and I can go home.
I check my watch, roll eyes toward ceiling--
how much longer can he drone on?

My poor beleaguered mind begins to roam,
though to leave my body here would be unfeeling.
Just one more hour until I go home.

He reads dully from some overrated tome,
I contemplate the finer points of watching paint peeling
Just how much longer can he drone on?

Okay, buddy. TWO HOURS of my life are gone:
in mass quantities, my brain cells you are stealing!
Just one more hour to go, and I'll be home.

It is only slight exaggeration
to say suicide becomes appealing
PLEASE, I can't endure his drone!

It could be worse--he could have a clone
(a concept singularly unappealing)
Just one more hour and I can go home!
How much longer can he drone on?