• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon Sun / Moon

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
No one made a thread for this yet?

Who's playing? I got Pokemon Sun. I haven't gotten to play too much so far because of school and vacation. I chose Popplio as my starter. I'm playing with the experience share off because it just feels like cheating to me as an old player who's used to individually grinding pokemon. I'm about to leave the first island but I'm doing some level grinding first.

I like this game a lot. It's pokemon, but it's different enough from past games to not be boring. I like the islands. I like how big the world is. I like that customization options are there early on. I like the mixed selection of pokemon from multiple regions. I like the cutscenes. I think this is exactly the kind of game this series needed since it's being smashed to bits by Yokai Watch in Japan and really is only popular in EU and NA now, and losing popularity in JP. I'm excited for Thanksgiving break so I can just sit around and play this lol. My sister got pokemon moon but she's a NEET and is way ahead of me.

What starter did you get? Where are you in the game? What's your team looking like? How do you like the game in general? Which one did you get?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There's only a 1% chance of finding a bagon and I caught one

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I got Pokemon Sun (for obvious reasons). I finished the main story two days ago, haven't touched it since because to prevent burning myself out.

I play Pokemon competitively and have been since Gen 5. So my focus pre and post game radically shifted. Alola is my new favorite region but overall 7th Gen pokemon all suck. There are a few gems here and there, but they are all slow and fragile. I'm hopeful that this is Game Freak's attempt to normalize slower pokemon, because 6th Gen's OU metagame was dominated by speedy pokemon.

The story of the game was great! A little predictable in some places, but in others it was phenomenal! Alola's champion is my favorite by a longshot. The music was pretty good too. I am particularly a fan of the kahuna battle theme. Team Skull was a joy and I loved every single interaction with them. I wanted the Aether Foundation to be elaborated on a bit more, but the story didn't want to take that route.

I chose Popplio as a starter because despite really preferring Rowlet, Primarina fit my core dream team better. My team for the main story was Himerope (Primarina), Fe (Wishiwashi), Ladylocks (Mudsdale), Cereal (Toucannon), Kancer (Exeggutor-Alolan), and Polarity (Magnezone). A pretty lame team layout with major weak points, but it was a fun team nonetheless.

This isn't a big-big point, but my favorite pokemon is Gigalith and it has been used very often in Gen 7 OU. I am so happy. My darling rose from PU to BL2!! The question is, will Sigilyph (my other favorite pokemon) be boosted or fall from the ranks?

My friendcode is 0189-8779-1459. Battle me!

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
4th gen is actually my least favorite.

151540_original.jpg

What's wrong with 4th Gen?

Enneagram
9w1
please tell me that not everyone has a shiny pokemon in this game? Is it like 1 in 100 now, and with a few rounds of Super Intense Shiny Training the chances rise to 50%?! If not then it'll be the next gen..

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
please tell me that not everyone has a shiny pokemon in this game? Is it like 1 in 100 now, and with a few rounds of Super Intense Shiny Training the chances rise to 50%?! If not then it'll be the next gen..

I don't have a shiny!

Gone

Meh I want to play too, but I don't want to get a 3DS only for one game^^

I'm still hoping my silent resistance will contribute to the creation a PC based pokemon game.
Don't take that hope away from me.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I'm still hoping my silent resistance will contribute to the creation a PC based pokemon game.

i resisted for a long time, but they're on sale for 99.99, and it felt worth it to me. hopefully i'll find another game i like.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I got Pokémon Moon. I mostly play at night so this was a perfect game for me. The legendaries on the cover are not that cool looking imo but moon has better version exclusives imo, all i really want from sun is the white vulpix/ninetails.

I heard from the successes they may make a 3rd version but its all speculation to me. If so they can make a Pokémon Star! :D

I got the grass bird one. I dont have my 3ds on me to double check. I got Rowlet! I like its evolution process and grass ghost sounds super chill. (No pun intended)

It also looked the cutest out of the three starters. I love it. Other than that I'm also grinding on the first island. Taking a while to do so though, it's a little more difficult than the other games. I like munchlax's metronome.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I stopped playing Pokemon after Platinum.

I only played pokemon blue. I remember I was the only one in my school that walked a round with a caught mew (I used a hack to get it), and everyone wanted to do the trade trick with me to get a clone. Tried pokemon silver but it didn't hold my interest. I also don't like the second-gen onwards pokemon designs.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I only played pokemon blue. I remember I was the only one in my school that walked a round with a caught mew (I used a hack to get it), and everyone wanted to do the trade trick with me to get a clone. Tried pokemon silver but it didn't hold my interest. I also don't like the second-gen onwards pokemon designs.

You don't even have to hack to get mew in gen 1, there's a totally legit way to exploit a glitch to get it :happy2:

- - - Updated - - -

There's also pokemon x/y and the hoenn remakes, plus animal crossing! And fire emblem is also an amazing series with some hella awesome 3ds releases

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You don't even have to hack to get mew in gen 1, there's a totally legit way to exploit a glitch to get it :happy2:

I am aware, but that glitch became known a ton of years after the game was released. Before, the only way to obtain him was by hacking.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just finished catching the last obtainable legendary in Pokemon Moon, so I'm pretty much done with the game. All that's left is to fill out my Pokedex. I tried using Wonder Trade to do that, but it's saturated with Pokemon from the earliest part of the game. It seems that people are capturing low-level Pokemon in the hopes of getting something worthwhile in exchange. For my part, I always try putting decent Pokemon into circulation. The only things I got in return that I actually kept were a Popplio, a shiny Salandit, and a Gothita. Oh, and my starter was a Rowlet because I like the appearance and ghost-typing of its final evolution. As for my team, I wanted one with a ghost type, a poison type, a psychic type, a fairy type, a dark type, and something whose looks I like.

I would rate the game as follows:
Gameplay: 10/10
Graphics: 9/10
Music: 6/10
Story: 5/10

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

- - - Updated - - -

There's also pokemon x/y and the hoenn remakes, plus animal crossing! And fire emblem is also an amazing series with some hella awesome 3ds releases

I got 3 mews that way haha. You can multiple mews in one game. Its all about timing i believe

Yes [MENTION=29256]There[/MENTION] i stand by yamato's recommendations i got them all. I got both x and y because both the legendaries are awesome. I only have alpha sapphire because i had the original ruby :p

Gone

Yeah I think it's worth considering^^ I played 3 or 4 versions using an emulator but nothing since that one emu site is gone...
Thanks guys!