• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon Sun / Moon

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm taking my game super slow. I defeated the first trial. It was stupid easy. I have misdreavus (dunno how you spell it) and that bird kicks butt (cool design, the one that is for alola)

I found it ironic how you can approach a girl on the beach casually talking about Pokémon in her bikini as she's laying down taking some sun in.

Or the low self esteem of Team Skull.

How someone is staring at a grave throwing a pokeball in the air and when you talk to him, it's battle time.

Or how a professor stalks you, a girl you might like stalks you too, but you never get in a relationship. The whole upbeat choice and the downbeat choice doesn't really change the gameplay.

How Nintendo was like how about we just change the color of the same Pokémon with a slightly different design. Like Grimer looks trippy.

How gratuitous your friend is while you give him not a single thing. It's amazing how video game characters are literally like the big stuff. They say nothing but warrant a multitude of responses.

I never lived in a big city so maybe idk the lifestyle of always being talked to.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to play this (probably Sun), but would first have to buy a used 3DS. Because I procrastinated on getting a 3DS for this long.

Words of encouragement? :mellow:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I want to play this (probably Sun), but would first have to buy a used 3DS. Because I procrastinated on getting a 3DS for this long.

Words of encouragement? :mellow:

I heard there was a black friday sale for $99 *new* 3ds's (not being redundant on the new, it's just part of the name of the latest model). It might still be going on now?

While I can't give you base advice for Sun and Moon (Pokemon is a highly repetitive game). I can say it is an enjoyable pastime to peruse through. The idea of building your team up with selection of your types and even on the grounds of aesthete you can play. The game itself you can accomplish the game through almost any team given the level and experience necessary for your pokemon. (I only say the game because online play with other players is really a basket case and an obsession with intense strategy and game mechanics that the average everyday pokemon player could care less about). I'd say that since the forum is so ever inclined to see you under the lens of an artist, that should be reason sufficient.

A practical way you can go is through emulators on older games of Pokemon and play it through before considering a D.S. if you think you can handle the general way of collecting and the repetitive way of battling, then Sun and Moon can be an easy purchase along with your D.S. just don't make the mistake of beating the game too quickly. It really deadens the game quickly, because people in the towns speak to you based on the area you're in. Like for example, people in your hometown pretty much speak in really really basic gameplay while towards the end, people speak to you more about legends and sometimes more advanced game tactics for your pokemon in battle. So skipping chit chat and beating your way through will kill the "realness" of the game. So even if you're new to it all, do as much as you can to playing at a good pace. The game doesn't really take too long to beat.

Hope this helps in your decision-making process. :)

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If anything else this should be it (available in both versions):

q5cz1g7a9lbpwkhs554z.0.gif

Oh, and it's also weird you can just hop into stranger's beds and take a tiny nap on it.

And for [MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION]

Kawaii ☆(◒‿◒)☆

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I caught a shiny lillipup in the wild and I didn't even notice it was shiny. Also I'm only on the second island even though I've been playing for about 60 hours. Almost all grinding. I really like to take it slow with the individual grinding.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

ETA:

Last edited:

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
beat the elite four, caught all the legendaries and ultra beasts, did the evee challenge!!! now what?! still need to rematch the elite four and i haven't entered the battle tree yet.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'll actually be getting this later in the month. I've already gained access to a friends 3ds xl (I don't have one myself) and have been playing pokemon Y. How do you folks think Y/X compares to Sun/Moon?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll actually be getting this later in the month. I've already gained access to a friends 3ds xl (I don't have one myself) and have been playing pokemon Y. How do you folks think Y/X compares to Sun/Moon?

I think both games are very good. Sun/Moon is pretty different though, but it's different from all previous games, most notably in terms of how gyms are replaced with "trials." So it's a big change, but in a good way, I think. A way that makes it noticeably stand out from previous games, and yet it's still similar enough for you to know it's pokemon. I actually like Sun/Moon even more than X/Y, but X/Y was really good too imo. I like the direction pokemon is going. For example, in Sun/Moon, there are no more HMs. You unlock "ride pokemon" that basically do the same thing. No more need for an HM slave. It's glorious.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

S/M are way better than X/Y imo. X/Y emphasized aesthetics (the creators even admitted that the theme of the games was "beauty") but was underdeveloped in other areas. I feel like X/Y can be seen as Game Freak's trial and experimental period for S/M because they definitely delivered graphically but improved gameplay a lot. The storyline is a lot less thin than before (characters with actual interesting stories and personalities compared to the random friends X/Y shoehorned into the plot as well as a lot more compelling antagonists), and they've introduced new creative innovations to battling such as Battle Royals, Z-Moves, and Alolan forms. They've also improved in terms of creating more character customization options. The lack of gyms is not missed, especially because you still challenge the Elite Four at the end.