• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your Meat Tastes Like Bananas [video]

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not a vegetarian but I'm also not a typical meat lover..
She seems really enjoying her food

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I personally think that if you are vegetarian you do miss out on a lot of nice foods as the woman in the above video found out. I couldn't be vegetarian personally as I like meat dishes too much.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do vegans/vegetarians find this insulting that someone is recording their way of giving up is something to be proud of?

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So this is the edible edition of Rumspringa

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Do vegans/vegetarians find this insulting that someone is recording their way of giving up is something to be proud of?

.. I don't find it insulting for vegetarians to give up meat at all.. even if they are quite proud of it.. I don't find any pride in her switching to meat either. But I imagine at least a few vegetarians are pretty not-happy about advertising meat like this.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
.. I don't find it insulting for vegetarians to give up meat at all.. even if they are quite proud of it.. I don't find any pride in her switching to meat either. But I imagine at least a few vegetarians are pretty not-happy about advertising meat like this.

So you'd say some do, and some don't? Huh.

I mean some people are limited by their circumstances with meat and choose to go back when they can doesn't count. I guess my question had an assumption that the vegetarian abstains from eating meat for animal rights and then one day gives up and has the "not that it matters anymore" attitude.

Now I'm totally a meat eater (not excessive though) but purely trying to step in the shoes I just would think this is just moral weakness in a sense. For reasons I wouldn't clap for this person because eating meat imo is not a moral good and it's not like I'm welcoming them in: "welcome to the better side" nor do I condemn people falling back into meat either for health or just even they miss the taste. Just videoing it just may seem to be a slap in the face to those who have given up the eating life for a moral good.

Not meaning to turn this into an argument just wanted to know the general consensus.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
So you'd say some do, and some don't? Huh.

I mean some people are limited by their circumstances with meat and choose to go back when they can doesn't count. I guess my question had an assumption that the vegetarian abstains from eating meat for animal rights and then one day gives up and has the "not that it matters anymore" attitude.

Now I'm totally a meat eater (not excessive though) but purely trying to step in the shoes I just would think this is just moral weakness in a sense. For reasons I wouldn't clap for this person because eating meat imo is not a moral good and it's not like I'm welcoming them in: "welcome to the better side" nor do I condemn people falling back into meat either for health or just even they miss the taste. Just videoing it just may seem to be a slap in the face to those who have given up the eating life for a moral good.

Not meaning to turn this into an argument just wanted to know the general consensus.

The bolded is why I suspect some vegans/vegetarians will not be thrilled about the video. Overall, I think the one-side-vs-the-other isn't really the way to go to get the meat industry to solve its issues... but morality is a hard thing to nail down and people have such varied opinions. All vegetarians will not be satisfied with any reforms in the meat industry because it is impossible.