• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Civilization 6

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've felt like past Civ games are more fun to read about than they actually are to play, so I'm not really in a hurry to play this one.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Wait so are you saying that amenities ARE luxury ressources and entertainment districts (or whatever they're called) and nothing else?

oh wait nevermind: Amenities - Civilization 6 (VI) Wiki

Luxuries count towards amenities. It's basically like the link said. 1 type of luxury will grant an amenity point to your first 4 cities. The same type of luxury wont add any more amenities to those first four cities but will grant an amenity to a 5th city all the way up to 8. If you have two different types of luxury then it will add an additional amenity to the top four cities that need them the most.

The first two population of a city do not require an amenity but once you reach 3 population then an amenity is required. For every two population passed 2 pop ( in other words 3-4, 5-6, etc.) requires an additional amenity. If you build an entertainment complex with an arena that provides 1 amenity to the the city. That means your luxury resource will cover a pop of 5 and 6. It sounds complicated but it's really not.

Its generally a good idea to gain access to as many different luxury resources as possible so your cities stay happy. This is why I usually settle cities with access to a type of luxury I don't have. Luxury resources, by far, are the most cost effective way to keep amenities in check in the early game. Building an entertainment complex is too much of a diversion and district penalty when more important districts need to be built early like commercial hubs, harbors, and industrial zones.

If you're going to build an entertainment complex then you should do so only in a couple of cities and later in the game because you'll actually need them as your cities grow. Build the entertainment complex as far from your city center as possible in the direction of other cities. The entertainment complex can build arenas, zoos, and stadiums. The Arena provides an amenity to the city that built the entertainment complex only but the zoo and stadium provide an amenity bonus to all cities within 6 tiles of the entertainment complex. This is why you want to build your entertainment complex far out to reach your other cities (6 tiles) and don't worry about adjacency bonuses because the e-complex doesn't get them (unless you're Japan).

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't like science victory conditions unless I'm a production powerhouse (maybe Germany with Hansas) and TBH i haven't done a science victory yet. It seems like cultural victory is the most sought after victory condition when going against the AI (higher difficulties) and multiplayer.

I accidentally won a cultural victory while only a few days away from the science victory I was waiting on. They really need to reduce the production required for the space stuff.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I accidentally won a cultural victory while only a few days away from the science victory I was waiting on. They really need to reduce the production required for the space stuff.

I just won my first science victory against Deity with Arabia. Science takes the longest to win and the AI is pretty dumb figuring out what victory condition its pursuing. It's like the AI acts to only deter you from winning without actually wanting to win itself.

Which is why I'm doing multiplayer mostly now. :D

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I've felt like past Civ games are more fun to read about than they actually are to play, so I'm not really in a hurry to play this one.

There's a lot of educational material in Civ games. Some people like to play super casual just to 'feel' the history and interact with it in some way. I like the historical aspect of Civ games plus I love strategy games in general.

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
The same type of luxury wont add any more amenities to those first four cities but will grant an amenity to a 5th city all the way up to 8.
[MENTION=5643]EcK[/MENTION], I was wrong here. An additional luxury of the same type (I.e. two tobaccos) will not add additional amenities to your cities. The additional luxury is only good for trading ( AI will usually give you some gold for it and will typically prompt a trade with you while other players will trade you a different luxury of they have more than one) As far as amenities go, all luxuries are unique.

Best ways to get amenities = expand to as many different luxuries as you can, trade, entertainment complex, if you are suzerain of the Zanzibar city state or Buenos Aires city state they give amenities to your Civ. Toronto suzerain extends the area of effect of your zoos and stadiums by 3 tiles too.