• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Music videos

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Like all forms of media, at best they can be grand works of art (like Beyonce's Lemonade). I think most music videos provide another means to enjoy a song after finding it on YouTube. What I don't like about music videos is that it's very hard in this day and age for a song to receive chart success without debuting with an accompanying music video.

I'm a very visual person, so I personally love music videos. I think it can make the listening experience much more enhanced actually. However, usually when an artist makes a music video it's done in hopes that the song would eventually become a hit, so a lot of punk bands who didn't want to commercialize themselves evaded the idea completely, especially during the era when MTV actually played music videos. The Replacements were one band in particular that hated them so much that when their record label forced them to make a video, they made one where only a stereo was playing in the background with a guy coming to kick it at the end in protest. :p I actually have a large collection of music videos and live performances that I sometimes watch when I'm painting, so I very much enjoy them, but I could understand why some would loathe them because I guess it could detract from the song itself.

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
So this is where I'm from.
I'm a white boy guitarist but I'm still from here.
and I came back from work one evening in August 2015 and saw them filming this promoting that movie.
And I just think the music scene, the local one anyway, was/is against white boy guitarists playing rock music.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I grew up in a generation where MTV was an annoying given, which means I listen to a lot of clear audio without a video, but honestly, I'm not being pretentious or trying to be hipster *or maybe I'm just a real hipster, gasp* but these are my favorite kinds of music videos, I fall in love with people who do things like this:

These are probably my two favorite artists of the 2010s for that reason even if I like music by others as well.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am visual. I adore music videos and I've occasionally tried to make my own when I had the actual push or desire to do so. It brings to life shows(if done in a talented enough manner) series like shows and anime and games stories. Highlighted the depth of the story better. Music is powerful tool. But that's just AMV's which I honestly prefer because of our part in creativity.
But aside from that actual music videos of actual songs are also good(or can be) just as much as they can sometimes be off putting if I feel like it objectifies woman or is too sexual in the video too much. It depends. I like it when it's just emotional depth or something. There's something about that emotional depth I like to feel when usually I don't feel alot without it.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Like all forms of media, at best they can be grand works of art (like Beyonce's Lemonade). I think most music videos provide another means to enjoy a song after finding it on YouTube. What I don't like about music videos is that it's very hard in this day and age for a song to receive chart success without debuting with an accompanying music video.

i was pleasantly surprised that the mentioned video wasn't musical at all... i was thinking i might have to mute it to see what you meant...

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i like music videos for a several reasons... i will show examples for three of these...

1. i like to see the emotions of the musicians

2. i think it can be a good story telling medium

3. sometimes the fun of making something comes across loud and clear

Tengri

Really enjoy the stutter stop effect here. Seems somewhat like a Ken Ishii tribute