• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Cultural hand-lens

Kas

Fabula rasa
Are you looking for something? Book, tv series, film, painting, music?

Do you remember part of the plot, but cannot remind yourself the title? /what was on a picture, but you can't remind yourself an author?

You look for a gift for someone and you know what kinds of books they read, but have no idea what to buy?

Do you look for particular motif?

Or for something similar to what you've seen/read/listened to?

Ask a question and let the forum find the answer.

Thought it could be a useful thread :)

Kas

Fabula rasa
I will start:D

Anything with elephants?...

I've seen Elephant, Water for Elephants before.
Now the slight obsession started with reading about their customs and watching À bout de souffle. I read The Elephant Vanishes afterwards and I plan to watch The Elephant Man .

The elephant doesn't need to be part of the title obviously, it can only be mentioned or be an element of the plot.

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
this is a children's book, but it is about an elephant... i really liked it when i was a kid... i am trying to recall the name of this one about a tightrope walker... he starts off working with elephants... so far no luck, but when it comes to me i will let you know...

What Should I Read Next? Book recommendations from readers like you

Whichbook | A new way of choosing what book to read next

LibraryThing Suggest

post script: if she reads too slowly for you there is a version of this that ends in under four minutes, but the woman's reading voice is much less "practiced"...

Kas

Fabula rasa
this is a children's book, but it is about an elephant... i really liked it when i was a kid... i am trying to recall the name of this one about a tightrope walker... he starts off working with elephants... so far no luck, but when it comes to me i will let you know...

Thank you for the story :)
I laughed when there was a phrase 'you know who', that's what Harry Potter made with me.