• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Cubs Are Going to Win the World Series

Crabs

Permabanned
For the first time in over a century, the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series. Back to the Future II was only a year off - that's Nostradamus-like accuracy.

Crabs

Permabanned
The end is nigh. Reverse the curse!!

cubs.jpg

598097_1.jpg

ct-you-cant-get-the-cubs-goat-20151009

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I remember thinking that this would happen in 2003 and the shock, horror and near riot that occurred on the floor of my dorm when the whole Steve Bartman incident happened... I had such hope! :cry:

you'd better be right, [MENTION=23796]Crabs[/MENTION]... it's about damned time that I don't get sad about baseball!

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I remember thinking that this would happen in 2003 and the shock, horror and near riot that occurred on the floor of my dorm when the whole Steve Bartman incident happened... I had such hope! :cry:

you'd better be right, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/23796.html" target="_blank">Crabs</a>... it's about damned time that I don't get sad about baseball!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Cubs/Red Sox. There are so many reasons for this WS matchup.

Wrigley/Fenway - It's like the Coliseum vs Stonehenge.
Young Guys/Old Guys - pretty much the entire team vs Papi
19 game winner/20 game winner - Jon Lester vs Rick Porcello
Plus it's an "on" year for Boston. They really only have first or last years anymore.

It could also be Cubs/Indians but I feel better about Boston.

Crabs

Permabanned
[MENTION=360]prplchknz[/MENTION] If anyone has earned the right to cry, it's Cubs fans.

you'd better be right, @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/23796.html" target="_blank">Crabs</a>... it's about damned time that I don't get sad about baseball!

I think we've talked about this before. Ole Steve Bartman. The curse of the goat strikes again!

2cf58e88c98fc3f0e3c4ad952de2d5e9.jpg

(Bartman eventually declined a six-figure offer to appear in a Super Bowl commercial)

Cubs/Red Sox. There are so many reasons for this WS matchup.

Wrigley/Fenway - It's like the Coliseum vs Stonehenge.
Young Guys/Old Guys - pretty much the entire team vs Papi
19 game winner/20 game winner - Jon Lester vs Rick Porcello
Plus it's an "on" year for Boston. They really only have first or last years anymore.

It could also be Cubs/Indians but I feel better about Boston.

That would be a great matchup. Are you a Red Sox fan?

The former Red Sox and current Cub's catcher agrees with you: David Ross Admits He's Been Dreaming About A Red Sox-Cubs World Series

Crabs

Permabanned
Also, the black cat of 1969. [MENTION=1180]miss fortune[/MENTION]

The Cubs were in first place at the time, but after the cat appeared, the Cubs lost the game and eventually fell eight games behind the Mets in the standings, missing that season's playoffs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23796]Crabs[/MENTION] the real question is whatever happened to the cat :unsure:

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hoping my Dodgers make it back to the main event after well too long away. And I do hope my local team, the Rangers do decently......

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the first time in over a century, the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series. Back to the Future II was only a year off - that's Nostradamus-like accuracy.

My gut feeling is this time it will happen.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
[MENTION=360

That would be a great matchup. Are you a Red Sox fan?

The former Red Sox and current Cub's catcher agrees with you: [URL="http://nesn.com/2016/09/david-ross-admits-hes-been-dreaming-about-a-red-sox-cubs-world-series/"]David Ross Admits He's Been Dreaming About A Red Sox-Cubs World Series [/URL]

No, I'm a Tigers fan but I would certainly pull for the Cubs if they get there, over either Boston or Cleveland.