• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Cubs Are Going to Win the World Series

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
WOOHOO, THE CUBS WON!!!!!

:yays:

Anyone up for a Coke and Giordano's stuffed pizza? :D

Congrats Cubs fans. As a Giants fan, the postseason loss hurt, but the Cubs were this year's better team and very much deserved the win. The 108-year curse is now broken. :)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Never doubted them for a second. What. A. Game.

Crabs

Permabanned
THE CURSE IS BROKEN!!!

giphy.gif

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think I'm the only person in Chicago who doesn't care about the World Series. At all. At least this confirms how I respond to mob mentality. :D

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't know the first thing about sports, and normally- if anyone asked me what the "world series" is, I'd have only a very basic explanation and wouldn't even know what sport it applies to. (And don't anyone explain it to me, it will go in one ear and out the other because I really don't care.)

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and admit I think there's something beautiful in a Secretariat-like way about this. I grew up around here, I've lived here my entire life and I've had people trying to explain the appeal of going to a Cubs game for as long as I can remember. I always explain that I couldn't care less about sports if I tried, and every time I've gotten an earful about how "Cub games are different." It seemed like their absolute underdog-ness was the biggest part of the appeal. Or something.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't know the first thing about sports, and normally- if anyone asked me what the "world series" is, I'd have only a very basic explanation and wouldn't even know what sport it applies to. (And don't anyone explain it to me, it will go in one ear and out the other because I really don't care.)

That being said, I'm going to go ahead and admit I think there's something beautiful in a Secretariat-like way about this. I grew up around here, I've lived here my entire life and I've had people trying to explain the appeal of going to a Cubs game for as long as I can remember. I always explain that I couldn't care less about sports if I tried, and every time I've gotten an earful about how "Cub games are different." It seemed like their absolute underdog-ness was the biggest part of the appeal. Or something.

One thing that I saw that didn't shock me at all was the amount of Cubs fans in Progressive Field for Game 7. Not even a little. The Detroit Tigers and the Cleveland Indians are both in the American League and in the same division. I am use to lots of Detroit fans going to Cleveland for games but I'm not sure it's the same vice versa. For a long time, Cleveland couldn't draw crowds. Even when they were becoming a very good team in the last few years.

I never understood because Tiger games sell out or nearly sell out regularly. We are admonished on social media by our own players if we get unsupportive and lippy like Cleveland fans are. But Cubs fans are different. All that is left of the original National League from 1876 are the Atlanta Braves and...the Cubs. That's how far this goes back for Chicago. That's why this is so different and that's why it's so beautiful.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
game 7 got a 40 share and was the most watched baseball game since 91.

Baseball lost a ton of fans after 1994 and then with various other problems. It had become 3rd place at best for many behind football and basketball.

With football's decline in ratings, maybe baseball can reclaim the prime position as America's past time. One can hope, anyway.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For the first time in over a century, the Chicago Cubs will win the World Series. Back to the Future II was only a year off - that's Nostradamus-like accuracy.

:happy2: