• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Baman the animated series

draon9

Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so
Do you remember the episode where doctor freeze plans to kill the businessman for discontinuing his project years earlier right. Do you think that he deserves to die or bad fortune happen for that stunt.

Then you got people like poison ivy who at the beginning did the bad thing for the wrong reason. So do you think that scientist to die.

The series is basically saying that society as a whole is stupid and created these psycho paths and they deserve what is coming to a lot of them.

I am not judging it, but that is what i am saying.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are we talking about Batman here? Because I've never heard of a Baman animated series until now.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are we talking about Batman here? Because I've never heard of a Baman animated series until now.

Are you kidding?

Batman: The Animated Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It ran in the early 90's but led to other superhero cartoons being established on TV (since it was successful) including Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, etc. At the time, also, it was better than theatrical release movies like Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, at the time. In fact, I think Harley Quinn started on this TV show and got migrated BACK to the comics (something that didn't happen often). It was also one of Mark Hamill's big acting roles (as the Joker) since Star Wars had ended the prior decade.

Then again, I'm showing my age because it feels like yesterday and now that I look at the dates, that was 20-24 years ago. :doh:

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you kidding? Batman: The Animated Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It ran in the early 90's but led to other superhero cartoons being established on TV (since it was successful) including Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, etc. At the time, also, it was better than theatrical release movies like Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, at the time. In fact, I think Harley Quinn started on this TV show and got migrated BACK to the comics (something that didn't happen often). It was also one of Mark Hamill's big acting roles (as the Joker) since Star Wars had ended the prior decade. Then again, I'm showing my age because it feels like yesterday and now that I look at the dates, that was 20-24 years ago. :doh:
No. No. Baman! The OP said Baman. Not Batman. ;)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Are you kidding?

Batman: The Animated Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It ran in the early 90's but led to other superhero cartoons being established on TV (since it was successful) including Batman Beyond, Teen Titans, etc. At the time, also, it was better than theatrical release movies like Batman Forever and Batman & Robin, at the time. In fact, I think Harley Quinn started on this TV show and got migrated BACK to the comics (something that didn't happen often). It was also one of Mark Hamill's big acting roles (as the Joker) since Star Wars had ended the prior decade.

Then again, I'm showing my age because it feels like yesterday and now that I look at the dates, that was 20-24 years ago. :doh:

No. No. Baman! The OP said Baman. Not Batman. ;)
Yeah, I had to look it up. Baman Piderman | Know Your Meme

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Do you remember the episode where doctor freeze plans to kill the businessman for discontinuing his project years earlier right. Do you think that he deserves to die or bad fortune happen for that stunt.

Then you got people like poison ivy who at the beginning did the bad thing for the wrong reason. So do you think that scientist to die.

The series is basically saying that society as a whole is stupid and created these psycho paths and they deserve what is coming to a lot of them.

I am not judging it, but that is what i am saying.

I distinctly remember that episode- I think. Did it feature a lot of shots of Mr Freeze's wife in that clear tube of liquid? Did shutting it down kill her? I recall being more sympathetic to Freeze than any other villain on any other episode.

The weirdest episode I recall is when batman wakes up with no memory as a mining slave in the old west and kinda just goes to work for the whole episode until he gets his memory back.

Always loved the art deco look of the show.

Batman: The Animated Series (good quality intro) - YouTube

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP

I think the greater point of the series is the same one from the movie Falling Down, in the juxtaposition between the Michael Douglas character and the Robert Duvall character. Essentially that life can and likely will unfairly victimize you and screw you over, leaving you with the choice between rolling with the punches and turning it into something good, or being consumed by the pain to the point of becoming it and further infecting the world. The only difference between Batman and his various villains is that Bruce Wayne endured tragedy and made something positive out of it, while the villains chose the wider road. These are large and heavy moral concepts that our current mouth breather generation doesn't waste any time considering.