• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What instrument(s) do you play?

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
*is inspired by your vote of confidence*
Thanks, I will try it. sensotardation be damned.

G.Kai

MBTI Type
INFJ
Guitars: '79 Bulletstock Strat, MexiStrat, Rick 330. Play professionally when my introversion lets me out of the cage.

Willfrey

MBTI Type
IsTP
I'm a pianist.

I stopped taking lessons my sophomore year. I've recently bought a full 88-key digital (a nice one), and plan to start up on lessons again next month. I quit right at that point where I could have gone it alone, though I lack self discipline. Quitting was perhaps one of my biggest regrets.

Probably the most difficult piece I know would be either Rachmaninoff's 2nd Piano Concerto, or Linus and Lucy (Peanuts theme), I quit in the middle of learning Maple Leaf Rag. Hope to learn more blue-sy stuff.

I also strum the guitar a bit, nothing fancy just plucking and basic chords.

ragashree

Reason vs Being
MBTI Type
Mine
Enneagram
1w9
I'm not really in to traditional indian music, but I'm very intrigued by it. Mostly because of the skill it seems to require to play it, and the very many, and the very strange, percussion instruments that are a part of indian folk music. The video you linked to was very interesting, thanks for sharing that.

Thanks, it's nice when someone takes an interest in my weird drumming! Yes, a huge amount of skill is required, and I'm not sure I really have what it takes to go all the way to the top (though I can certainly be fairly competent). If I had any sense I would just switch instruments to something more mainstream, as I suspect I could kick ass on the drum kit by now if I took it up seriously, maybe build a career out of it which would be SO much better than working ;)
But that just wouldn't be as much fun as what I'm actually doing *kicks self*

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
Youtube is the next best thing to actual lessons. :D

Hah yeah. I'd say it's the other way around. I don't have to lift my ass for youtube and it's FREE.
Seriously, youtube is a gift from above for amateur musicians. That, and tab software like Guitar Pro.

Llewellyn

MBTI Type
INtj
Enneagram
9w1
Guitar, mostly chords and picking. Bass guitar. And a little keyboard (mostly improvisation).

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I play a lot of jazz on trumpet, a lot of improv and whatnot, and I also just started learning bass clarinet and contrbass clarinet. I also sing, probably more than I am playing instruments. I'm a proud tenor.

edit: I DON'T know how to play the guitar or piano, like the billion of other people who do.