• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What instrument(s) do you play?

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
i played Tuba for 6 years, then decided that the band director was a douche.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Mandolin! :D Another member of the irish band/mob :D

O

Oberon

I would say it counts.

I was a bass in the university choir back in the day, but never a soloist.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
:laugh: you knew I play mandolin from back when there was a threat of a bluegrass band being founded in the secrets thread ;)

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
instruments

I enjoy playing the keyboard and composing electronic music (using Reason software). I was also once a renowned trombonist (in my own local area hehe).

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I enjoy playing the keyboard and composing electronic music (using Reason software). I was also once a renowned trombonist (in my own local area hehe).

I don't know what you Brits call it, but in America, it's BONER.
Ex: There's a world renowned boner in London.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know what you Brits call it, but in America, it's BONER.
Ex: There's a world renowned boner in London.

I think you're teasing me :) I would never claim to be a renowned BONER (especially in capitals).

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I think you're teasing me :) I would never claim to be a renowned BONER (especially in capitals).

I didn't make that up! That's what we call 'em in marching band. They're boners and play 'bones.

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
I didn't make that up! That's what we call 'em in marching band. They're boners and play bones.

How unfortunate! They must endure quite a lot of ridicule :p I think I'd rather heft a souzaphone around than be known as a boner!

dorareever

MBTI Type
INFP
I play guitar and keyboards but not well. I suppose I can come up with something listenable on a 4-string banjo, a bass and anything resembling a recorder but it's hardly "playing".

I can sing pretty well though.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Cool, I do similar stuff: Play trombone, and compose music by computer programs...well, actually I haven't composed anything in a really long time. But I could if I wanted to. :sadbanana:
And bass guitar as well, I've been playing that more than the 'bone, in recent times.

Yes, we call them "bones", too, but I make a point never to call myself or my colleagues "boners". I use the longer, more stilted terminology "trombone-player" or "trombonist", like you said.

Last edited:

ed111

MBTI Type
INTJ
Cool, I do similar stuff: Play trombone, and compose music by computer programs...well, actually I haven't composed anything in a really long time. But I could if I wanted to. QUOTE]

I haven't been able to compose anything recently due to not having access to my equipment, but I'm looking forward to being creative in the near future!

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
I play...my voice. I was in chorus and ensembles for years, but I'd need a few weeks of warming-up to expand my range back to its previous state.

I can play a few songs on the guitar too. I practice intensively for one week out of every three months or so :D. When I'm 60 I'll be like Jimi. Seriously, we'll be the same guy. Everyone'll be like, "oh my god it's the ghost of Jimi!" But it won't be Jimi because it will be me.

O

Oberon

Yes, we call them "bones", too, but I make a point never to call myself or my colleagues "boners". I use the longer, more stilted terminology "trombone-player" or "trombonist", like you said.

Yes... there are so many unfortunate potential constructions along those lines. For example, "Boner-blowers" is probably not a term to win friends and influence people.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Yes... there are so many unfortunate potential constructions along those lines. For example, "Boner-blowers" is probably not a term to win friends and influence people.

Hey man, the boners embraced it. That's what they call themselves. You've gotta expand your mind, man!

sleeptowin

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm pretty good with the guitar, bass guitar and piano. I play some drums as well. I'm currently thinking of trying to learn a more exotic instrument.

snowflurri

MBTI Type
INFP
Piano for 10 years so far... and I'm planning to learn to play the guitar this december