• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What instrument(s) do you play?

O

Oberon

I'd probably pass out in the process, but it would surely make me unique wouldn't it

Yes, and in a good way.

Hey, people learn it... why not you? Best part is, you can always have your instrument with you. Whip it out of a pocket and you're ready to rock.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Play a damn guitar with 7 necks. That's pretty original... "Hydra-tar".

Shit, I'm going to invent that.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Play a damn guitar with 7 necks. That's pretty original... "Hydra-tar".

Shit, I'm going to invent that.

How about Rick Nielsen's five-neck Hamer?

five_neck.jpg

I met that guy. Not super-friendly. Robin Zander was cool, though.

IamDisplaced

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yes, and in a good way.

Hey, people learn it... why not you? Best part is, you can always have your instrument with you. Whip it out of a pocket and you're ready to rock.

LOL!!@"in a good way".. So, it's worth passing out over then?
Although, you are right, I can play it anywhere I go.

I don't know about that 7 neck Beat's talking about inventing lol but I think I can handle a 2 neck. See, now with the blues harp AND guitar skills, I'd be unstoppable :yes:. I can see myself playing Seasick Steve's "Dog House" and throwing in the blues harp.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
More like some crazy crossbreed of scottish, swedish, cornish and dutch + a few other smaller influences. :D Born and raised in Sweden, the cold north ^^ But I do love celtic music in general. My personal favourite is The Corries. Well, at least right now :D

What kind of tunes/songs did your band play?

Aw man, that's a crazy crossbreed. I'll bet you had to work through the agony of growing up between conflicting cultures/races by writing a book entitled "Dreams From My Aryan Father." :alttongue:

OK, it's been a while, but I do remember playing Dillion's Fancy, The Butterfly (?), some tunes we heard on a Great Big Sea CD (I'm a Rover, Meri Mac, Donkey Ridin', other stuff I can't remember), and some Christmas arrangements. I was only in the band for 4 or 5 months and we played in lame venues like shopping malls and grocery stores, but I had a great time.

I'm gonna check out the Corries on youtube. Adjö så länge!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aw man, that's a crazy crossbreed. I'll bet you had to work through the agony of growing up between conflicting cultures/races by writing a book entitled "Dreams From My Aryan Father." :alttongue:

:doh::rofl1: Watch yer back, lad! :D

OK, it's been a while, but I do remember playing Dillion's Fancy, The Butterfly (?), some tunes we heard on a Great Big Sea CD (I'm a Rover, Meri Mac, Donkey Ridin', other stuff I can't remember), and some Christmas arrangements. I was only in the band for 4 or 5 months and we played in lame venues like shopping malls and grocery stores, but I had a great time.

I'm gonna check out the Corries on youtube.

Pretty traditional then. Great Big Sea is pretty good at times, I love songs like "the night when paddy murphy died", "the old black rum" and "true newfoundlanders". Not to mention "Barret's privateers", but Stan Rogers version is a thousand times better. :)

What did you think about ra corries?

Adjö så länge!

Found that on wiktionary? :D Jag hoppas du dör! :D Eller kanske inte.

O

Oberon

I must get into Celtic fiddling. Thus far I have been somewhat intimidated by the intricacy of it... but those guys have learned to play those complicated, blindingly fast reels. Why not me too?

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Pretty traditional then. Great Big Sea is pretty good at times, I love songs like "the night when paddy murphy died", "the old black rum" and "true newfoundlanders". Not to mention "Barret's privateers", but Stan Rogers version is a thousand times better. :)
:yes:

What did you think about ra corries?

I'm not done yet! I only listened to one song, but I liked it.

Found that on wiktionary? :D Jag hoppas du dör! :D Eller kanske inte.

i kommer att skära ut ditt tarmen och bära den som ett halsband!
^If that made any sense, I win.

I must get into Celtic fiddling. Thus far I have been somewhat intimidated by the intricacy of it... but those guys have learned to play those complicated, blindingly fast reels. Why not me too?

OK, we really need to start an Ayyyerish band. Oberon can be the fiddler, I'll play the bodhran, and Jesus can play the tin whistle. Yeah! Let's do this!

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not done yet! I only listened to one song, but I liked it.

A few good ones: The roses o' prince charlie, Scotland the brave, the bonnie lass o' fyvie, dark lochnagar, Flower of Scotland(they actually wrote it!), The green fields of France, The Skye boat song.

These guys have a lot of songs about the strife for scottish independence. I kind of love it.

i kommer att ta bort tarmen och bära den som ett halsband!
^If that made any sense, I win.

:rofl1: That is actually correct. :huh: "I will remove the intestant and wear it as a necklace" :D Though "I" is not used for self reference nowdays, but luckily I happen to know we actually did use it like 200 years ago :D It's very formal, so it kind of lends an air of royalty to it :rofl1:

OK, we really need to start an Ayyyerish band. Oberon can be the fiddler, I'll play the bodhran, and Jesus can play the tin whistle. Yeah! Let's do this!

My fright of being on stage without being drunk as Shane MacGowan is very well-documented :D But when I have about half a bottle of whiskey in hand and the rest in my stomach, I tend to sound just like Shane :D

O

Oberon

My fright of being on stage without being drunk as Shane MacGowan is very well-documented :D But when I have about half a bottle of whiskey in hand and the rest in my stomach, I tend to sound just like Shane :D

[shrugs]

Works for me.

Provided you're willing to share, of course.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, no problem :D That's one of my many problems, really. I share too much. I always have too much of the good stuff at home, and when someone/me decides we should throw a little party, I tend to say "Oh fuck, just get over here, i've got enough for the three of you" :doh:

KLessard

Aspiring Troens Ridder
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
I play piano as first instrument and I play it on a regular basis in a Baptist church(Gospel/worship style).

I also play keyboards in a Christian band, scottish mouthblown smallpipes, whistles and shofar (ram's horn and yemenite). I've also played the xylophone as a child.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
The violin -
in my dreams.

In real life - the glockenspiel.

I'm kidding

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Once you hear a glockenspeil solo you'll never say that again :p Ever heard Rose Room by Benny Goodman (which also has the great Charlie Christian on guitar, amazing solo!)?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Look it up on youtube, try to get the recorded version, it's essential listening if you like jazz or glockenspeil or music or life :tongue: