• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Law and Order vs. CSI

Which is better?

• Total voters

MetalWounds

More human than human
MBTI Type
TP
Enneagram
9w8
I'm partial to Law and Order if I'm watching it by myself and I'm in the mood for a thicker plot. Sometimes, however, the topics get a little preachy and I get a bit turned off by that.

CSI is more interesting to watch with my friends, or if I'm otherwise preoccupied and I can just watch the fancy effects when present.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
CSI bugs me for a number of reasons. This tops my list;

david-caruso.jpg

TV generally bores me but I quite like Law & Order.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It would

*pause* just be nice

if he *pause* could

talk...

like normal people.

Enyo

MBTI Type
xNTJ
L&O was my favorite, but it really hasn't been great television since Jerry Orbach left the show. (He played Det. Lennie Briscoe.)

I like CSI, but don't care for CSI:NY and *hate* CSI:Miami. The Caine character is annoyingly self-righteous and Shatner-esque. Not sure if it's bad acting, bad writing, or a combination of both.

ygolo

My termites win
Why no option for SVU?

Then there would need to be a "Criminal Intent" option also, and CSI has a its own proliferation of versions too. (I loathe "CSI:Miami" and will leave the room if it is on. The others, I will tolerate.)

I actually liked the orignial Law and Order. The other ones...meh.

I meant it as a comparison of all Law & Order shows to all CSI shows.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Then there would need to be a "Criminal Intent" option also, and CSI has a its own proliferation of versions too. (I loathe "CSI:Miami" and will leave the room if it is on. The others, I will tolerate.)

I actually liked the orignial Law and Order. The other ones...meh.

I meant it as a comparison of all Law & Order shows to all CSI shows.

OK, I get it. I am not a fan of CSI, but I like Law & Order. SVU is my favorite, followed by the original, followed by Criminal Intent. Trial by Jury was only on got like one season. Not that great. They all have a slightly different flavor. I haven't seen enough of the various CSIs to be able to speak with authority.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Never had any interest in Law & Order. I watched the original, Las Vegas-set, CSI for a while because I liked the actors, even though the show was kinda crap. Lost interest in that when I discovered 24. Then 24 started sucking last year. So I started watching Battlestar Galactica. I think I really only have enough attention span for one hour-long drama series at a time.