• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

one wish of an art

Pick one (see OP)

• Total voters

TickTock

Mud and rain and chaos...
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
You are granted one wish of a gift of the arts, what do you choose?

Music, instrument or singing
Literature
Performing art, pick one: acting, dancing, acrobatics, magic, comedy or a martial art
Painting
Sculpture
Drawing
Architecture
Design
Film
Language
Photography
Fashion

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Without a doubt the first option. I have slight talent on the drums, but I'd love perfection. :cheers:

Really wish I would have taken up the guitar early in life. I guess it's not too late.

Bufo

MBTI Type
onto
Enneagram
5w4
Performing art: Martial art (thanks for including this one)

I choose that because my Se is poor and I think I should improve it.

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
That was quick Beat, one might say you barely skipped. Hoho.

Forgot to add that if you already do one or more of these, you can pick the same and you become better or choose another to master. The idea is you can not just do it but are gifted.

For guitar you have to be standing on a cross road to meet your genie.

RiderOnTheStorm

E. N.. T... :P
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hmmm. I try to sing. I don't think I can, but I do my best, and I don't care if it's good enough for anyone else. I have fun. Even though I have heard that I am not bad. *sigh* I am my toughest critic.

What would be your choice Lith?

TickTock

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Well, first I would like to talk with the genie and see what his experience in granting wishes has taught him.

Leysing

MBTI Type
FiSi
Music. It's the art (and the thing) that touches me and my feelings the most.

(Well, I'm already fairly talented. But I would like to become a genius. :devil:)

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Music, with acting/comedy/tv show second.

I'd like to be a professional song writer, a performer would be good too, but I'm more about the writing.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Painting. I am happy with my photographic skill.. but when I try to capture the same with a paintbrush it's something a 3 year old would be embarassed by :(

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
I spend more time with film, but to be a natural at something, it would be music.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I'd say music, but it's the love of my life (I got the gift). Perfection/ genius isn't necessary for elation, so I'm leaving that as it is.

So, I chose language. It's so gosh darn useful, and you can rattle out verses whenever you want without people huddling around to see what's up.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'd want to sing. More specifically, I'd like to be a snarky, sneering rock star that wears silver lame pants and acts like that's perfectly normal.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
It's unusual to choose, since I've several of the talents, and they seem to be inextricably tied together in both innate ability and gains from experience: They reinforce. Alas, though, I choose design. I prefer industrial art to gallery art.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I would choose music and singing. I already play music a lot, but it never hurts to get better. Although honestly I am totally satisfied with the progress I've made on guitar and will continue to make, so it's mostly the singing.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Lit. I want to be a writer.

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Performing art: Dance. Or Music. Both things I basically can't do much of.

Realistically, if I dedicated my life to it- I think I could possibly do literature or photography.

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Performing art: Dance. Or Music. Both things I basically can't do much of.

Realistically, if I dedicated my life to it- I think I could possibly do literature or photography.

Also, Mahjong Connect. :D

Colors

The Destroyer
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Maybe a brilliant orator? Or a good conversationalist (*cough*con artist)? Or movie writer? I thought it was kind of odd too.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I immediately voted music in the poll. I love the idea of being able to play an instrument or sing perfectly. The main reason I don't play music more is because I'm not good at it. I know I shouldn't care about that and just do what I enjoy, but I can't convince myself that it's okay to have flaws in my music. I also have a hard time letting lose and pouring emotions into the music, which is strange since I don't have that same issue in creative writing.

However, afterward, I realized that mastering a martial art is an option, and that would actually be my answer. I'm not very good at or comfortable with moving my body, so I actually love the idea of being naturally adept at performing arts. I'd love to be able to kick someone's ass, both effectively AND gracefully, without even trying.