• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Pokemon Go

What are your colors?

• Total voters

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Is an augmented reality game available on Android and iOS made by the same company who created Ingress .

The point is to get out and explore your local area with the goal of finding new pokemon, pokestops, and gyms which you can battle to take over for your team.

This thread is to discuss everything from the types of pokemon in your area to fun encounters with other players. Also trade requests and tips.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Ill just post my vm to lux I just wrote.

Pardon, or dont, the stupidity/paranoia- but since its me, imma just keep it.

Dude! I just took like a half hour walk and I found like 6 more pokemon! Its fucking epic this game. Like... In a tiny way- revolutionary.

And or- a huge fucking scammy thingy- cuz it like accesses your camera or some bullshit. Itd be... Lol...

Like um uh... In order to catch the super duper rare pokemon you need to go to this particular spot at this particular time and get it then...

And so it accesses your camera or something like right when someones known to enter the passcode on some super secret or super valuable thing.

This isnt me being serious btw. No idea if something like that is even possible- but a game like this would be an EXCELLENT cover for it.

Anyways- Ill have to check really fast but I have squirtle. Um. One that looks like a wormz one that looks like tweety. And one that looks like a hawk. And another one.

And several dupes unfortunately.

Ill check really fast though.

And great great way to keep people active and out -this game imo.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I live in a pseudo-tropical and very hilly area. Aside from the usual Rattatas, Pidgeys, Spearows, etc I've got an abundance of Grass, Bug, and Water types.

I wasn't able to find the Scyther lurking my neighborhood this morning so I hope it's still there when I get back. Campus has been taken over by Team Red except for the north end dorms which is dominated by Blue. Today's captures so far include Tangela, Venonat, multiple Parases (one of which was laying right beside me in bed when I woke up this morning), and a Bulbasaur. There's also a Horsea that I think is hiding out by a nearby lake so I'm planning to pick it up on my way to the campus bookstore this afternoon.

Funny events include me walking to my class's building and deciding to swing by a pokestop on the way there. I almost collided with this one guy who abruptly stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. Turns out, he was also scouting the same pokestop. We exchanged apologies and knowing head nods before going our separate ways.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I live in a pseudo-tropical and very hilly area. Aside from the usual Rattatas, Pidgeys, Spearows, etc I've got an abundance of Grass, Bug, and Water types.

I wasn't able to find the Scyther lurking my neighborhood this morning so I hope it's still there when I get back. Campus has been taken over by Team Red except for the north end dorms which is dominated by Blue. Today's captures so far include Tangela, Venonat, multiple Parases (one of which was laying right beside me in bed when I woke up this morning), and a Bulbasaur. There's also a Horsea that I think is hiding out by a nearby lake so I'm planning to pick it up on my way to the campus bookstore this afternoon.

Funny events include me walking to my class's building and deciding to swing by a pokestop on the way there. I almost collided with this one guy who abruptly stopped in the middle of the sidewalk. Turns out, he was also scouting the same pokestop. We exchanged apologies and knowing head nods before going our separate ways.

I didnt realize you had to be so close to the pokemon in order for them appear to you. I was just at a strip mall and I was sort of disappointed because no pokemon were showing up!

Now Ive figured out- at least part of it- or something- that they are uh- pointed out- with the sparkle leaf thingies.

Thats helpful as all hell.

Anyways theres a pond in my neighborhood and woods parsed in throughout. I might traverse through the woods at some point- but I did go to the pond and it was surprisingly devoid of pokemon. I thought it might be a decent place... Apparently not. Hmm.

Anyways.

Heres some pictures. Sorry for the low quality- they are screenshots and I am lazy and on the go right now actually.

View attachment 16492

View attachment 16493

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What the fuck is it and why have I not heard about it sooner?????????

OMG

*downloads app*

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
WOW, this is super lame...apparently my phone doesn't have a gyroscope so I can't do the AR stuff. :( I cri

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Pro: Phoenix, Arizona is the most biodiverse region in the world, even more so than rainforests

Cons: It's still a desert, so everything is sandshrew

I was going to give a list of everything in my pokedex but the servers are experiencing issues so later.

But I can tell you that I buffed the fuck out of my pidgeot

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No username is available. Wtf and this thing eats my battery, like a kid let loose in a candy shop.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
cc2d151dcfe186332e70cb9a7860f062.jpg

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
the app is really glitchy for me right now, it freezes up whenever i catch a pokemon and i have to reopen the app to see it in my roster

the server doesnt seem to be recognizing my trainer club account either

im also not quite sure how it works, does it notify you when a pokemon is nearby or do you have to keep the app open to search for pokemon when youre out and about?

i really only want a jigglypuff and oddish, and jigglypuff's silhouette already appeared in my neighborhood which is reassuring to me. my fave pokemon are vileplume and wigglytuff so as long as i get them i'll be good. i should be able to get oddish because the east coast in general is very grassy/woodsy. although since i live by the ocean i should have a lot of water pokemon around me as well, which i have no complaints about as its one of my favorite types.

i still have no idea how im supposed to train my pokemon either.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
the app is really glitchy for me right now, it freezes up whenever i catch a pokemon and i have to reopen the app to see it in my roster

the server doesnt seem to be recognizing my trainer club account either

im also not quite sure how it works, does it notify you when a pokemon is nearby or do you have to keep the app open to search for pokemon when youre out and about?

i really only want a jigglypuff and oddish, and jigglypuff's silhouette already appeared in my neighborhood which is reassuring to me. my fave pokemon are vileplume and wigglytuff so as long as i get them i'll be good. i should be able to get oddish because the east coast in general is very grassy/woodsy. although since i live by the ocean i should have a lot of water pokemon around me as well, which i have no complaints about as its one of my favorite types.

i still have no idea how im supposed to train my pokemon either.

Yeah my servers keep crashing unfortunately. And unfortunately they did RIGHT before I was going to reach a 'traininng point' or something like that so it was slightly frusterating- in an in relation to the game sort of way.

But still, Im motivated to enjoy this and get what I can from it- physical and mood benefit wise. So Ill be going on another walk soon.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I also keep having connection issues. I'm sure that it is a mix of the shitty campus WiFi plus the usual post launch server instability. Closing and restarting the app usually fixes it for me. Hoping it'll smooth out over the next few days.

Ran into the guy from this morning again. Think I also found a team member because his location and phone tapping were mighty suspicious and not too long after a Red gym flipped Blue.

Battery is already down to 26% after leaving home with a full charge. Gonna have to call it a day soon and be better prepared next time. :(

Also, Psyduck XL.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
on my run:

-walked into a cemetery
-ran into a turkey
-caught an eevee

this app is gonna make my daily life a lot more eventful :D

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Servers have been having problems most of the day because 20 years' worth of pokemon fanatics are all trying to play at the same time. Gonna wait for the east coasters to go to bed & the 100 degree sun to go down and then go to the park near my house that has 10 pokestops and 2 gyms with some friends and have some fun!

You can get a pretty good portable charger at walmart for 10 dollars too because i'm shameless and definitely did that so I could play longer

Pokedex So Far
Bulbasaur (Starter)
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Pidgeot
Ratatta
Raticate
Spearow
Ekans
Sandshrew
Zubat
Paras
Venonat
Meowth
Arcanine
Abra
Geodude
Doduo
Cubone
Rhyhorn
Horsea (hatched from egg)
Magikarp
Eevee

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Don't forget to turn on the power saving option in your app's settings (not your actual phone's power saving, unless you want that on too)!
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] I was having the freezing problem with the catching pokemon at first too. If it keeps happening, turn off the camera AR and it goes away. It helps a bit with the lag

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
on my run:

-walked into a cemetery
-ran into a turkey
-caught an eevee

this app is gonna make my daily life a lot more eventful :D

Ha right!

Ive almost walked into like 4 parked cars- plus I actually have walked on a lot of animal crap.

It keeps wanting me to trespass though and Im like... Well... Ha- be funny just to ring the doorbell and ask- hey can I explore your yard randomly- Im trying to catch em all? Or somehing

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There is no water in Arizona. The river has been dried up my entire life.

But the GPS still shows it as water. WATER POKEMON HERE I COME.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
im patiently waiting for oddish or jigglypuff to appear - jigglypuff's silhouette appeared last night but when i ran around the neighborhood i couldnt find her. i need my faves IMMEDIATELY

does clicking on a specific pokemon when youre tracking footsteps help you locate it more?

á´…eparted

passages
Currently level 6, this is what I have in my Pokedex:

Squirttle
Caterpie
Weedle
Kakuna
Pidgey
Pidgeotto
Rattata
Raticate
Spearow