• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do you still love Kanye?

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I started listening to The College Dropout and going for a marathon of his songs. My question is basically: Kanye made a lot of great songs before, now a days a lot of people seem to dislike his current stuff. Do you still love Kanye and his music like Kanye loves Kanye?

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For myself; I still appreciate his music, but I can understand why people dislike "The Life Of Pablo" (I wont even defend Yeezus) I still think Kanye can go back to his roots, make it work with the modern time music.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I'm not sure if it's possible to love Kanye like Kanye loves Kanye;)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i prefer his older stuff but i think life of pablo has some gems on it as well. however his newest video with the celebrity orgy i really hate. putting the fact that it has rihanna sleeping next to chris brown aside i just really don't like when artists sell controversy for the sake of selling controversy or believe that controversial inherently equates with higher art. i know kanye is all about standing up for art so this just doesn't make sense to me. i have the same issues with madonna and at times rihanna. i prefer controversy with meaning, like prince's whole controversy album is great to me.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I never really listened to his stuff, but it's pretty catchy to what I've heard imo.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never really listened to his stuff, but it's pretty catchy to what I've heard imo.

You should def listen to The College Dropout, one of my favorite albums prob top 50

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
i prefer his older stuff but i think life of pablo has some gems on it as well. however his newest video with the celebrity orgy i really hate. putting the fact that it has rihanna sleeping next to chris brown aside i just really don't like when artists sell controversy for the sake of selling controversy or believe that controversial inherently equates with higher art. i know kanye is all about standing up for art so this just doesn't make sense to me. i have the same issues with madonna and at times rihanna. i prefer controversy with meaning, like prince's whole controversy album is great to me.

Hmm... well to me i think of this: we have Become so fueled with what we look like that there even has to be something saying "you cant post this, it looks like me!" Just because you dont have permission to depict a person. Wr are slowly becoming labels, nothing but products that you have to buy to use. This is why i like that video, because it goes against that morality. Other than that, its pretty shit.

93JC

Your thread title is predicated on an incorrect assumption: the assumption that I ever liked Kanye West to begin with.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Your thread title is predicated on an incorrect assumption: the assumption that I ever liked Kanye West to begin with.

This was more aimed at people who either likes/liked Kanye

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Even Trump, W. Bush, and Cosby were there... lol wtf?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like gold digger. One hit wonder IMHO. Dont follow or know him, but i guess he is famous and loves himself.

Jeremy8419

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Honestly, I've never even heard someone say they've ever liked Kanye in person. I've heard some mention that he flipped out (basically maybe a few sentences as a random factoid) over such and such, but that's all I've ever heard anyone ever say about him in person.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Honestly, I've never even heard someone say they've ever liked Kanye in person. I've heard some mention that he flipped out (basically maybe a few sentences as a random factoid) over such and such, but that's all I've ever heard anyone ever say about him in person.

Yeah not a lot of people are fond of him. Cant blame them though.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Do you still love Kanye and his music (...)

Not Applicable.
I never loved Kanye. I don't really give a crap about kanye.

(...) like Kanye loves Kanye?
I'm gonna let you finish but no one can love Kanye as totally as Kanye loves Kanye.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Give me Luda, Ne-Yo, etc. any day of the week. Kanye, DJ Khaled, etc. I cant stand those people and avoid them. The good isnt worth the shit. I cant stand Drake either.

Hive

hypersane
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
One hit wonder IMHO.
That may be the only song you like, but he has 3 albums that are considered definitive hip hop classics and has more or less singlehandedly changed the course of the genre multiple times. One of the most - if not the most - influential hip hop artist of the century so far.

I thought Yeezus was crap (I enjoy abrasive music and other more harsh hiphop acts like dälek, Yeezus was a very halfassed patchwork of an album tho) and The Life of Pablo was only marginally better in terms of personal enjoyability. The sound lacks the cohesion that was present on his better efforts like My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, Late Graduation and 808's & Heartbreak, the good songs are few and far between, and while lyricism was never his strong suit, there are some moments there that are straight up embarassing. Unless he returns with something of the same quality as My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, I'm inclined to think he's a spent force.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I enjoy Kanye primarily for three reasons:

1) He's made some good music. I haven't checked out Pablo yet but I'll look into it.
2) I've a soft spot for socially irreverent types and, more generally, public figures who don't facelift their flaws.
3) I genuinely can't tell how much of his behavior is oblivious self absorption vs trolling people who claim to not give a shit about him yet love to go on rants about his terrible personality whenever he comes up in conversation. I truly believe it's a mix of both and the unapologetic ambiguity entertains me to no end.