• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Burn After Reading

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I don't want to spoil anything, so for now I'll just say Brad Pitt was the best part, and the movie was hilarious and I reccomend it. Better then No Country For Old Men (which is one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen!).

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Well, can you tell me what it's about at all without spoiling?

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
It's about two fitness and body obsessed gym employees who find the memoirs of a CIA agent, but they think it is a top secret document, so they try to blackmail the CIA agent. There's also a web of cheating couples involved in all the characters.

Brad Pitt is one of the gym employees, and George Clooney is one of the husbands having an affair with several of the other characters.

All the characters are kind of weird and outrageous and it's quite funny. It was written and directed by the Coen Brothers, who made No Country For Old Men, which unjustly won best picture last year.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have mixed feelings about most Coen Brothers movies.

To be honest, I was not that much a fan of Fargo. I saw part of The Big Lebowski, and I wasn't too fond of that, either (sorry Sassafrassquatch).

Didn't see No Country for Old Men, but most of the people (my father) who saw it said it was terrible. And it won a bunch of Oscars, so that is usually a bad sign. In fact, close to the only movie I saw that both won and deserved the Best Picture Oscar was American Beauty.

I think Burn After Reading looks pretty good. I'll probably wait for Blu-Ray, though.

The Brad Pitt film I'm looking forward to this year is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, directed by David Fincher.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
If you didn't like Fargo I wouldn't bother watching any of their other movies. I like most, but not all. My favorites are Fargo, Blood Simple, and No Country for Old Men.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you didn't like Fargo I wouldn't bother watching any of their other movies. I like most, but not all. My favorites are Fargo, Blood Simple, and No Country for Old Men.

What about The Ladykillers?

OK Radio

MBTI Type
intj
If No Country for Old Men needed a definitive ending, did Punch Drunk Love not have a definitive ending? If so, I'd be able to say although I don't mind not having a definitive ending (e.g., Punch Drunk Love), I would prefer No Country for Old Men to reveal how The Killer ends up.

But now I'm thinking about how we're not supposed to know his full trajectory because he's all mythical and whatnot and that just sucks.

I want definition and answers. I will track you down, Coen brothers, at your next reunion.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
I appreciated its originality and really enjoyed some parts, but I absolutely could not tolerate Mr. Cox and his What the FUCK?!'s. It seemed so forced and came across as really annoying and cringe-inducing.

I laughed so hard at the expression on the guy whose optometrist must have had a sense of humor's face when he was having sex with the Hardbodies woman.

PuddleRiver

It's always something...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w6
This one looks funny. I agree about "No Country For Old Men". I hated it.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
Probably the funniest movie I've ever seen.
It seems like it was, accidental or not (probably accidental but it works), a good satire of how peoples' usually absurd plans are taken way more seriously by, not only by themselves but everyone around them.

I couldn't help laughing my dick off the whole time at Chad.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Burn After Reading was ok...kinda funny, kinda ehhh... The ending was funny, but only because everything ended up being a complete, hot, mess. It was absurd in an oddly funny way. Brad Pitt's part was enjoyable to watch.

I just watched No Country for Old Men for the first time recently, and I really didn't like it either. The killer seemed a little far-fetched for me, there was no resolution at the end...which I'm SJ...I like resolution. Throughout the whole movie I just REALLY wanted that stupid cow-killer-air-powered thing to just not work...just once! C'mon, he was a one-trick pony. Ugh, I found it to be such a frustrating movie to watch.