• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

biopics: about who?

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was chatting with someone a while back and we were discussing some interesting figures who we were surprised that nobody had made a movie about, at least in recent years. The one who was the main object of that discussion was Benedict Arnold, who'd make a pretty interesting movie in my opinion. I was also surprised that there were no recent movies about PT Barnum, though there's finally one coming out next year.

who are you surprised that there's not yet a movie about? :huh:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There are so many incredible, true books and stories that should be movies. A good Benedict Arnold film - I'd see it.

These Soviet women bombed the shit out of the Germans in 1943. I never knew anything about it until recently.

Night Witches: The Female Fighter Pilots of World War II - The Atlantic

Sticking with the WWII theme, why have they never made a movie about Rommel? So much about Hitler, Valkyrie...why not the Desert Fox?

Here's a book I just finished. I know it should be a movie, no doubt. The Bad-Ass Librarians of Timbuktu - they wouldn't even need to come up with a movie title.

Timbuktu's 'Badass Librarians': Checking Out Books Under Al-Qaida's Nose : NPR