Sweden

Group F

Austria
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Portugal

First match 10 June
    France - Romania
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes meowington, Also liked this post

If you have favourites, opinions now or then comments after matches, please post.

If not I may post some of self-monologue
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

Likes meowington liked this post

Parody Parrot
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Finally !
    Go Belgium ! Our group is tough though...opening vs Italy, then Ibrahimovic & Ireland, the latter is like playing against a brick wall. Not really comforting that we only played 1-1 vs Finland in our previous practice game (could easily have been 5-0 but it wasn't).
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave
    Likes Kas liked this post

Ja Ja Ja!
    "You know, with Hitler, the more I learn about that guy, the more I don't care for him."
    Norm MacDonald
    Likes Kas, meowington liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by meowington View Post
    Finally !
    Go Belgium ! Our group is tough though...opening vs Italy, then Ibrahimovic & Ireland, the latter is like playing against a brick wall. Not really comforting that we only played 1-1 vs Finland in our previous practice game (could easily have been 5-0 but it wasn't).
    I like the Sweden= Ibrahimovic thinking

Likes meowington liked this post

Spanish representation without Xavi is making me sad... I would like to see some good Spanish football, will I?

Polish representation is stronger than it used to be. Lewandowski is a great striker, I am sure we will have opportunities to see it.

Parody Parrot
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I think we will see quite a few upsets/surprises this Euro cup.
    "I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers" ~ Nick Cave

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Spanish representation without Xavi is making me sad... I would like to see some good Spanish football, will I?
    There was a spanish final in Uefa Champions League and Sevilla conquered the Europa League (and Valencia made it to Semi-Finals). I think that Spain's got it covered, even without Xavi.

It will be interesting to see what Crotia can do with Rakitic and Modric on the midfield and Mandzukic as forward. Belgium too has few outstanding players. Also it will be quite interesting to see if England can continue with their winning streak (10-0-0 in qualifications).

As for the Copa America, I didn't know about the whole thing until last week. I feel really bad for Chile as they get to keep their first title only for a year (as opposed to the normal four year period). Anyways, it will be Argentina this time.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    There was a spanish final in Uefa Champions League and Sevilla conquered the Europa League (and Valencia made it to Semi-Finals). I think that Spain's got it covered, even without Xavi.
    Oh I haven’t meant that their team isn’t strong now. It is definitely. I’m just slightly concerned after what happened during World Cup.
    What I said about Xavi is rather sentiment to the way they cooperated with Iniesta than anything else.

As for the Copa America, I didn't know about the whole thing until last week. I feel really bad for Chile as they get to keep their first title only for a year (as opposed to the normal four year period). Anyways, it will be Argentina this time.
    I found out 3 days ago. Haven’t expected this , but I’m happy since last year I had no time and missed all the event. I think that every explanation in South America to make a football fiesta is good enough. And 100 years of tournament is a good reason.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Kas View Post
    Oh I haven’t meant that their team isn’t strong now. It is definitely. I’m just slightly concerned after what happened during World Cup.
    What I said about Xavi is rather sentiment to the way they cooperated with Iniesta than anything else.
    I am a big Barca fan myself, and Iniesta-Xavi duo was the backbone there for many years too. Barca faced very similar problems as Xavi's performances declined (along with Iniesta's) meanwhile their opponents learned to defeat their strategy. I think the problems peaked under Gerardo Martino (Argentina's current couch ) during season 2013-14 in which they failed to capture any trophies. Enter Luis Enrique along with Rakitic and Suarez, and suddenly they renewed their strength. Sadly there were not that many new spanish additions to the core team (Sandro and Bartra showed some promise), but I do believe that the spanish have learned a new way to play their brilliant game. Watch for Thiago Alcantara, he should be rather prominent.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla