• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Copa America Centenario 2016 & UEFA EURO 2016

Kas

Fabula rasa
copa_america_c_t640.jpg

Group A
USA
Colombia
Costa Rica
Paraguay

Group B
Brazil
Ecuador
Haiti
Peru

Group C
Mexico
Uruguay
Jamaica
Venezuela

Group D
Argentina
Chile
Panama
Bolivia

First match 3 June
USA - Colombia

PILKA%20NOZNA%20ADIDAS%20BEAU%20JEU%20OMB%20AC5415%20%20FRANCE%20EURO%202016%2000.jpg

Group A
Albania
France
Romania
Switzerland

Group B
England
Russia
Slovakia
Wales

Group C
Germany
Northern Ireland
Poland
Ukraine

Group D
Croatia
Czech Republic
Spain
Turkey

Group E
Belgium
Italy
Republic of Ireland
Sweden

Group F

Austria
Hungary
Iceland
Portugal

First match 10 June
France - Romania

Kas

Fabula rasa
If you have favourites, opinions now or then comments after matches, please post.

If not I may post some of self-monologue;)

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Finally !
Go Belgium ! Our group is tough though...opening vs Italy, then Ibrahimovic & Ireland, the latter is like playing against a brick wall. Not really comforting that we only played 1-1 vs Finland in our previous practice game (could easily have been 5-0 but it wasn't).

Kas

Fabula rasa
Finally !
Go Belgium ! Our group is tough though...opening vs Italy, then Ibrahimovic & Ireland, the latter is like playing against a brick wall. Not really comforting that we only played 1-1 vs Finland in our previous practice game (could easily have been 5-0 but it wasn't).

I like the Sweden= Ibrahimovic thinking:D

Kas

Fabula rasa
Spanish representation without Xavi is making me sad... I would like to see some good Spanish football, will I?

Polish representation is stronger than it used to be. Lewandowski is a great striker, I am sure we will have opportunities to see it.

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
I think we will see quite a few upsets/surprises this Euro cup.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Spanish representation without Xavi is making me sad... I would like to see some good Spanish football, will I?

There was a spanish final in Uefa Champions League and Sevilla conquered the Europa League (and Valencia made it to Semi-Finals). I think that Spain's got it covered, even without Xavi.

It will be interesting to see what Crotia can do with Rakitic and Modric on the midfield and Mandzukic as forward. Belgium too has few outstanding players. Also it will be quite interesting to see if England can continue with their winning streak (10-0-0 in qualifications).

As for the Copa America, I didn't know about the whole thing until last week. I feel really bad for Chile as they get to keep their first title only for a year (as opposed to the normal four year period). Anyways, it will be Argentina this time.

Kas

Fabula rasa
There was a spanish final in Uefa Champions League and Sevilla conquered the Europa League (and Valencia made it to Semi-Finals). I think that Spain's got it covered, even without Xavi.
Oh I haven’t meant that their team isn’t strong now. It is definitely. I’m just slightly concerned after what happened during World Cup.
What I said about Xavi is rather sentiment to the way they cooperated with Iniesta than anything else.

As for the Copa America, I didn't know about the whole thing until last week. I feel really bad for Chile as they get to keep their first title only for a year (as opposed to the normal four year period). Anyways, it will be Argentina this time.
I found out 3 days ago. Haven’t expected this , but I’m happy since last year I had no time and missed all the event. I think that every explanation in South America to make a football fiesta is good enough.:D And 100 years of tournament is a good reason.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Oh I haven’t meant that their team isn’t strong now. It is definitely. I’m just slightly concerned after what happened during World Cup.
What I said about Xavi is rather sentiment to the way they cooperated with Iniesta than anything else.

I am a big Barca fan myself, and Iniesta-Xavi duo was the backbone there for many years too. Barca faced very similar problems as Xavi's performances declined (along with Iniesta's) meanwhile their opponents learned to defeat their strategy. I think the problems peaked under Gerardo Martino (Argentina's current couch :( ) during season 2013-14 in which they failed to capture any trophies. Enter Luis Enrique along with Rakitic and Suarez, and suddenly they renewed their strength. Sadly there were not that many new spanish additions to the core team (Sandro and Bartra showed some promise), but I do believe that the spanish have learned a new way to play their brilliant game. Watch for Thiago Alcantara, he should be rather prominent.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I am a big Barca fan myself, and Iniesta-Xavi duo was the backbone there for many years too. Barca faced very similar problems as Xavi's performances declined (along with Iniesta's) meanwhile their opponents learned to defeat their strategy. I think the problems peaked under Gerardo Martino (Argentina's current couch :( ) during season 2013-14 in which they failed to capture any trophies. Enter Luis Enrique along with Rakitic and Suarez, and suddenly they renewed their strength. Sadly there were not that many new spanish additions to the core team (Sandro and Bartra showed some promise), but I do believe that the spanish have learned a new way to play their brilliant game. Watch for Thiago Alcantara, he should be rather prominent.

Oh thanks for explanation, it makes sense.

How nice it is to meet Barca fan in TypoC :)

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
If England get knocked out of the group stages they shouldn't have bothered turning up.

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL
Falcarius has tickets to all quarter-finals and semi-final of EURO 2016.:)

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Argentina - Panama

Uruguay

Kas

Fabula rasa
Argentina - Panama

Uruguay

Haven't seen any match of Argentine yet. :( I have less time than I thought

And of course I feel bad about Urugway, I usually cheer up these two teams.

I have seen Brazil- Peru today. Wasn't a good match of Brazil, I don't feel very bad about them. Though the situation with goal relied on player using arm, referee spending about 5 minutes thinking if it was legitimate goal or not, discussing it with players... and then making the wrong decision. What a circus!
Gabriel seems promising, I don't think I've seen him before.

Habba what do you think about Euro so far?

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Haven't seen any match of Argentine yet. :( I have less time than I thought
I watch highlight reel of every match in Copa, and Argetnine's full matches from records. It's so damn bright here in Finland that I can't sleep (it never gets dark), so I just keep waking before 6am to watch football.

I have seen Brazil- Peru today. Wasn't a good match of Brazil, I don't feel very bad about them. Though the situation with goal relied on player using arm, referee spending about 5 minutes thinking if it was legitimate goal or not, discussing it with players... and then making the wrong decision. What a circus!
Gabriel seems promising, I don't think I've seen him before.

Well, Brazil was on the other end just few days ago. Ecuador scored a goal that was all good, but referee (mistakenly) decided it had crossed the end line before it was shot towards the goal. Brazil was a disappointment too, although I never cheered for them. I do like Dani Alves, as he's work horse, but the rest of the cast is actually pretty foreign to me. Feels like Brazil's missing everything that makes it Brazil.

Habba what do you think about Euro so far?

Have only watched few matches, and not even fully any of those. French seemed to have some troubles over Romania, and Switzerland seemed to dominate Albania on the field (but not on the scoreboard). I had expected more of Sweden, but seemed like their only strategy was to block shots and try to get the ball to Zlatan. Not very entertaining.

I've yet to decice which time I cheer this time. Might as well as go with Crotia. I did bet on England to win the title, as I believe they've been bubbling under, but the way they lost to Russia... I hope it just made them more determinited that anything else.

Kas

Fabula rasa
I watch highlight reel of every match in Copa, and Argetnine's full matches from records. It's so damn bright here in Finland that I can't sleep (it never gets dark), so I just keep waking before 6am to watch football.

Ah… at least there is one advantage of that.

Well, Brazil was on the other end just few days ago. Ecuador scored a goal that was all good, but referee (mistakenly) decided it had crossed the end line before it was shot towards the goal. Brazil was a disappointment too, although I never cheered for them. I do like Dani Alves, as he's work horse, but the rest of the cast is actually pretty foreign to me. Feels like Brazil's missing everything that makes it Brazil.

Good to know.
Apart from the cast, they changed style a lot, it’s mostly positional play now; a little of dribbling or individual situations.

Have only watched few matches, and not even fully any of those. French seemed to have some troubles over Romania, and Switzerland seemed to dominate Albania on the field (but not on the scoreboard). I had expected more of Sweden, but seemed like their only strategy was to block shots and try to get the ball to Zlatan. Not very entertaining.

I've yet to decice which time I cheer this time. Might as well as go with Crotia. I did bet on England to win the title, as I believe they've been bubbling under, but the way they lost to Russia... I hope it just made them more determinited that anything else.

Haha I haven’t seen Sweden match, I believe I haven’t lost much. Actually Romania impressed me, they created a good ,tight team. England played well, had a lot of situations, but mostly unfinished; there were a few shots in the goalmouth. Too many missed opportunities.

Beorn

Permabanned
The Mexico Venezuela match last night was excellent.
Both goals were amazing.

b5ef2cf808ff36548bf9b0c0a7023983.gif

4e330f2ab3779f016c80179d976abee9.gif