• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

(Nerd thread) Help me craft my own Star Wars character.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I agree I wish the story line wasn't so linear especially when they offer you these choices. Granted a lot more resources would have to go into the game if they created more outcomes based on the choices and I don't know if they're willing to do that (Bioware,EA).

I believe that's the main issue these kinds of games seem to have. They have short term effect, but the long term never exists really. At most you get character swaps and slight ripples in the story but ultimately shoehorning back to the same thing no matter what. Because you aren't playing your story so much as you are playing their story your way. Telltale games is a good example of this. Whether it be Wolf Among Us, Tales from Borderlands, The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, and even Mass Effect is all very shoehorned. Kind of like when you play as a selfish jerk but forced to be a hero.

Honestly only games like Alpha Protocol, Kotor 1 and 2, and Life is Strange give much of any divide in the end based off your choices. And Alpha Protocol had many endings based off how you utilized people as an agent.

Edit: Only problem is even WHEN you have choices that align to different paths it's strictly Dark or Light. Evil or Good. Puppy Kicker Villain or Knight in Shining Armor Self-righteous Hero.

Cowardly

deactivated
Vector was okay. I just wasn't into the hive mind thing. :p
Nor was I: the accent did it for me. He was very good-looking as well.

I mainly did Agent the way I did because everyone does agent serious and it's too predictable. So now my crazy ENTP unprofessional agent is stabby stabbing around and pissIng off all in story characters so far. And he has the perfect companion to do it with. Kaliyo the ESTP. Thus, it fits!
I didn't like Kaliyo very much, she was too cruel. My agent* was never an angel himself so I needed someone to create a balance of some sort, and that was how I used Vector.

* my version of Cipher Nine resembled an INTJ.

The agent spent his whole time unraveling conspiracies.
That was the best part. It was great when Watcher X showed up.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was the best part. It was great when Watcher X showed up.

That was a great subplot... :) .... and then also how it played out usefully later. There was just so much of the intrigue/espionage style drama that was a lot of fun.