• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Overwatch

á´…eparted

passages
For those who don't know what Overwatch is, it's one of the most anticipated games of the year, and already has a HUGE number of people following it. It's a team shooter that is similar to Team Fortress 2.

It comes out tomorrow! I pre-ordered it and played in the open beta test 2 weeks ago and absolutely fell in mad love with it. It's a nearly flawless game. Which isn't too surprising since it's come from blizzard. Who else is excited for it and is going to play?!

Here's some gameplay:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I didn't play the open-beta but I did pre-order it on my Xbox One, so I'm looking forward to playing it tonight :)

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just thinking about playing this. I found out about it a couple days ago. I'll try it out too, probably. Though I'm being dragged into League of Legends, atm.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So been playing this game for a couple days now and overall...I really like it.

I've found I like playing Reinhardt the most. Being a big guy in armor with a shield and BIG HAMMER is lots of fun, and zipping through an area and grabbing someone and smashing them into a wall is immensely satisfying. But otherwise, I've found I drift toward Tank and Guard characters. D.va, Widowmaker, Bastion, Roadhog...and Mei. Mei is a DECEPTIVELY evil character.

I've practiced with some of the healers but haven't gotten into any games with them, but Mercy and Zenyatta are my favs thus far.

I don't usually go for competitive FPS games (and this one does have a co-op vs. A.I. mode which I like) but this game is accessible enough for a filthy casual like myself to enjoy it, so I'll definitely be playing it a lot.

The only real weakness I see with the game is, like Battlefield, it's optimal to play with a team on a regular basis as, given all the different combos and mash ups you might wind up with, games without premade teams will either go swimmingly well or be a clusterfuck of a disaster since there is no synergy between the players. When you do have syngery though with a bunch of strangers, MAN it is beautiful!

Last edited:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suck at FPS games in general, but I've already sunk money into World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone. I won't be buying it.

I do find Hanzo to be EXTREMELY hot.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I suck at FPS games in general, but I've already sunk money into World of Warcraft, Heroes of the Storm and Hearthstone. I won't be buying it.

I do find Hanzo to be EXTREMELY hot.

Feel the same about Widowmaker. Very well drawn character ;)

Last edited:

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Feel the same about Windowmaker. Very well drawn character ;)

If I were a bunch of pixels I would be ALL over those arms and tattoos, even if I don't find tattoos to be tasteful to begin with.

Also, she makes windows now?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If I were a bunch of pixels I would be ALL over those arms and tattoos, even if I don't find tattoos to be tasteful to begin with.

Also, she makes windows now?

Lol. Stupid autocorrect!!

meowington

Parody Parrot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w7
My GFX card won't be able to run this and I can't handle FPS on a PS4 controller. Boohoo. Looks so cool.