• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Planning trip to Japan

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My husband and I are planning a trip to Japan with our one year old, from late October to late November, and we've never been there. I've been reading to prepare, but I figure I'm not doing this correctly. I've seen some posts on TypoC referring to Japan, so I'm starting a thread in case anyone wants to share information, stories about trips to Japan, or resources.

The first thing I did to prepare was buy a book, A Concise History of Japan by Brett L. Walker. The title seemed to be just what I was looking for and it had good reviews from professors at prestigious universities. The book opened with talking about climate change being a threat to Japan and said that it would end in the same way. IMO, that was an abuse of the platform. Also, I wasn't as entertained by the book as I'd like to be.

I read a few other books and was happy with them. I'll list them out later. Also, I've got some CD's to learn some Japanese. It's the Pimsleur method, or soemthing like that. I've been happy with it.

Anyways, anything anyone could share would be much appreciated.