• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This 9th installment in the Assassin's Creed series is easy to play but has enough levels to keep you playing for, oh, about a month. That's how long it took me to beat the challenges.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is a nice sandbox game taking place within a realistic environment covering 1868 London and, as a more difficult side quest, 1918 WWI London. I like almost everything about this game. An unbelievable amount of attention to detail was put into the gaming environment. The motions of the main characters, minor characters, and random citizens are extremely realistic. You can walk up to some random conversation on the street (or in the parks) and hear what they are talking about, at least, until they notice you listening in and take offense. One time it looked like some gentleman was flirting heavily with a well-dressed woman. So I stopped and listened to their sexual banter for a minute until they turned toward me and told me I was rude and to go away.

As per usual, your character starts out with some relatively minor abilities, acquiring more and more as you progress through the game. At first I had to be subtle when killing a character. It was best to stalk, lie in wait, whistle to attract his attention, and then, as he approaches, leap out of hiding to deal the fatal blow. But as my character became more powerful such subtlety became less important.

The ability to see through things (Eagle vision, I think) was very helpful in finding hidden objects or enemies (and friends) in buildings and through walls.

I can't find anything objective to complain about in this game. Personally, the realistic killing was not to my liking. I do not like hearing the sound of the knife entering the body, followed by the gasping and staggering about of my enemy. So I give it 9/10 stars for realistic violence. If I was into that sort of thing, 10/10.