• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Any musicians on Typology Central?

Permabanned
@<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/9811.html" target="_blank">Coriolis</a>
Wow Dvorak :heart:
Love the sound of harpsichords, and mountain dulcimers, I'm jealous you get to play them.
And I think this will remain the anthem of my childhood years

ikr
my fav

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I play bass, with guitar as my side hustle. I play post-punk, hardcore, black metal, sludge and whatever else has managed to sneak in there. Biggest musical influences are Carlos D (Interpol), Justin Chancellor (Tool) and Andreas Johansson (Cult of Luna).

No lyrics to share. No linx for current band.

Socionics rational types seem to gravitate towards bass. I don't know if my type is crucial, but I've generally only played music with other Se/Ni types.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm just a random non musician who came by to see musicians reveal themselves

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
[MENTION=6723]phobik[/MENTION] LOLewewewewewewewewewewewewewewewe that dancinggirls video reminds me of everything I hate about being a south korean female
hahaahahhahaaa haahaa haaahaha cringe cringe cringe cringecringe XD
love the ninjam servers vid though! :D

[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] that's awesome, i'm currently in a led zeppelin/jefferson airplane/white stripes sort of post-punk-bluesish band too, and I've definitely found that most of bassists I work with are Ni (the good ones are, anyway.)
Is that you in your avatar photo? :) because IF SO, you are lookin good!

boomslang

friendly and accessible
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=22926]boomslang[/MENTION] that's awesome, i'm currently in a led zeppelin/jefferson airplane/white stripes sort of post-punk-bluesish band too, and I've definitely found that most of bassists I work with are Ni (the good ones are, anyway.)
Is that you in your avatar photo? :) because IF SO, you are lookin good!

That sounds fucking cool. Noice.

Nah, it's not me. I'm a few visits to the tattoo parlour/few months of gym-ratting short of that.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
1. Industrial, crossover (metal/punk), noise music. My co-conspirator for my main project brings in some other interests, influences, etc.

2. Mostly vox, guitar, sequencing

3. Monster Magnet, Bad Religion, Whitehouse, Skitsystem, Gravity Kills, Discharge, ...

4. Here:

5. Have some:
Missed the Point
Medium Rare Ego Steak
I Have Opinions
Tropical Storm Nancy Grace
Sell My Soul to PepsiCo

An album: scrug - Unintelligible Garbage

6. Probably. Creative outlet, iterating back and forth with a co-conspirator..

Missed the Point is SO catchy. I wish it was insertable (like an emoticon) into social media threads, every time someone "missed the point" and then you could get all royalties :D

Kho

please let prayer be true
MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx
Tagging [MENTION=27861]joealienprince[/MENTION] because his profile states he's a musician as well! :D

joealienprince

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. honestly depends!!! most of my friends classify me as art rock or indie pop
2. bass is my main instrument but I sing A LOT and play piano, guitar, ukulele, percussion, flute..
3. David Bowie, Janelle Monáe, Joanna Newsom, Haken, Steven Wilson, Perfume Genius... that's off the top of my head, there are more!
I’ll hold you until each tear evaporates
I won’t let anything harm you
I’ll only let warmth and lustre travel your way

I’ll spark a light show for you
planting heliotropes for you
I’ll build a moat for you
I’ll do anything with you, but sleep for now
5. musicfromja.bandcamp.com I posted my new song on Wednesday!!! I'd love it if any of you checked it out :rock:
6. absolutely. I've always had my head in the clouds and I'm always in my head coming up with new melodies and concepts for music!! and I've heard its very common for NFs to feel that way :D

here's the link to my new song if y'all wanted to hear!!! https://musicfromja.bandcamp.com/track/getting-you-lilac-nightlife-scene-4

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=22264]Bush Did 9/11[/MENTION]

Awesome playlist!!!! Listening now!!!

And aaaaah! I like your soundcloud a lot, for me your stuff sounds like Prong cut with Driller Killer via Skinny Puppy or something.
Not sure if you intended the electronic color to bleed through but I personally really really dig it.

Who is Beedog? Do you do your own mixes?
I'd also be keen to know the MBTI type of your co-conspirator, but I shan't pry.
:hug:

Yea, our mixes are ours. Virtually everything we do is intentional, mostly because of my total pedantry. Except that there's a bit (*cough*) too much compression on some of the vocals on some of the tracks. Lesson learned :dont:

Dude's ISFP. He has a solo project and a few other side projects. He's been doing this forever. Beedog is his creation, brought about by huffing gasoline during Hurricane Ike. Now, canonically, Beedog is dead.

I also have a solo project that I'm trying to get off the ground from years of bits and scraps. I'ma rerecord the good stuff, solidify the tracks, and package it into a cohesive whole once and for all. Well.. that or I'll fold it into our project if I don't have time to do it on my own.

You can guess which of the two of us brings the Driller Killer-like influence.. ... also, thanks for introducing me to Driller Killer.

Some of those scraps:

https://soundcloud.com/skinned-chimera/big-guns-preview
https://soundcloud.com/skinned-chimera/break
https://soundcloud.com/skinned-chimera/fackunardi

and others that I haven't bothered to upload because they're just bits and scraps

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoa. It only takes some asshole with an electric guitar and a heavy distortion pedal to do what I do, but this is a different story altogether.

Don't know if that means you liked it or not. If it's a compliment then thanks. If not tell me what I can improve on!

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Don't know if that means you liked it or not. If it's a compliment then thanks. If not tell me what I can improve on!

That was a very terribly worded compliment on my part. Your stuff is complex and intricate.

ENTP-Guy

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Snickie

also not a cat
MBTI Type
InTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
How did I miss this thread? O=

I want to know!

1. What is your genre/style?
2. What instrument (s) do you play?
3. Who are your biggest musical influences?
4. Gimme a quick sample of your lyrics
5. Link to your music?
(PM me if you're uncomfortable telling the world)
6. Do you feel like your personality type is crucial in the type of music you make/ your decision to pursue music?

2. Mostly clarinet, some piano (novice), flute, saxophone. Can also play oboe and brass though I don't play those on a regular basis at all. I also write parodies of popular songs and I attempt to sing/record them even though I have very little vocal talent and I have no training in that area and also crappy recording equipment. :p

1. Since I play clarinet, most of what I play is classical genre (as the layman understands the term). That's not to say there's not modern stuff out there for clarinet (there's plenty of it). I like jazz-inspired things too.

3. Hmmm. Composers, mostly. Andre Moisan (a performer/pedagog whom I've met personally) is pretty amazing. I would love to be able to play as expressively and with as much extended technique as he does.

4. No. >:3

5. No because it contains identifying information (as if that doesn't exist somewhere else on the interwebs but still).
Edit: Actually, if I can find the login info to my old MediaFire account, I've a few parodies there that don't have my name attached.

6. My approach to learning music makes my type relevant - I think musicians are stereotyped into being SFP and I'm ITP so.