• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

References to MBTI in pop culture?

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Does anyone know of any movies/TV shows/books/etc. that reference MBTI, or typology in general?

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It's mentioned in the first season of Murder One.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In Welcome to the N.H.K. Misaki is reading some Jung, and she types Satou as an Introverted Feeling type.

Ingrid in grids

Sex and the City once made reference to Keirsey's Please Understand Me II, which made me laugh. Especially the woman crying hysterically while reading it, haha.

Here's a poor quality clip.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Sex and the City once made reference to Keirsey's Please Understand Me II, which made me laugh. Especially the woman crying hysterically while reading it, haha.

Here's a poor quality clip.

I did the same thing when I read it.

Poor Charlotte.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I wonder what that woman's type was?

Does anyone know of any movies/TV shows/books/etc. that reference MBTI, or typology in general?

I just watched Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain last night and I saw some enneagram themes being used in the film. I saw the enneagram symbol on the necklace that Jodorowsky's alchemist character wears throughout the film and also on the table where the nine thieves of the holy mountain are sitting during the last scene. Supposedly, the planet each of the nine thieves represents connects to a point on the enneagram. Additionally, they all had to face their basic fears before reaching enlightenment, which again relates to the enneagram. I thought that was neat because I've never seen any references to typology in film before.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Don't they reference the Keirsey Temperament Sorter in The Haunting?

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Could the Harry Potter houses count as similar to the four temperaments? Rowling herself seems to know a little about the MBTI.

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I just watched Alejandro Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain last night and I saw some enneagram themes being used in the film. I saw the enneagram symbol on the necklace that Jodorowsky's alchemist character wears throughout the film and also on the table where the nine thieves of the holy mountain are sitting during the last scene. Supposedly, the planet each of the nine thieves represents connects to a point on the enneagram. Additionally, they all had to face their basic fears before reaching enlightenment, which again relates to the enneagram. I thought that was neat because I've never seen any references to typology in film before.

Interesting. I need to watch The Holy Mountain again, I don't remember those aspects of it.