• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Writing anything !

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Hey hey everyone !

I am crazy about writing and observing (my internal world as well the the world outside).

I am curious about what you like to write. Apart from writing on the MBTI forum, can you tell us :

1. What is the positive side of writing in this forum to you ?

2. Do you often write when you go on holidays ? Do you send letters, postcards, mails ? Who do you send them to ?

3. Do you have an agenda and do you use it ? Just pragmatically or in another purpose ?

4. Do/did you you have a secret diary and do you use it often ? What for ? What is the positive side of writing in this case?

5. Were you good at school for homeworks and were you easily bored or fed up ?

6. Were you presented books or writing activities by your parents or teachers first (having books in your house or your room at an really age???)
Were those persons important to make you feel good with expressing yourself in the activity of WRITING.

7. Do you teach others how to write or your passion for writing ? Using the phone or email whenever it is possible to communicate ?

8. How important is writing to you in your daily life ?

:bookish::sage: "Here you go"

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx

Good people, interesting ideas, and it passes boredom pretty decently.

2. Do you often write when you go on holidays ? Do you send letters, postcards, mails ? Who do you send them to ?

No on all accounts

3. Do you have an agenda and do you use it ? Just pragmatically or in another purpose ?

Nope

4. Do/did you you have a secret diary and do you use it often ? What for ? What is the positive side of writing in this case?

No

Yes homework was usually easy but annoying and almost constantly bored. It was claimed I had ADD but in reality I was just bored by a sub-par teaching curriculum since it was designed to cater to the lowest common denominator.

6. Were you presented books or writing activities by your parents or teachers first (having books in your house or your room at an really age???)
Were those persons important to make you feel good with expressing yourself in the activity of WRITING.

Sort of? I actually got a boombox with a microphone and a bunch of blank cassettes. I'd record my own mock radio programs with friends with me as the host and often I'd verbalize my thoughts and record them, typically with other people but often alone too. So I guess this sort of counts as a 'dairy' and its sort of like an 'audio writing.'

7. Do you teach others how to write or your passion for writing ? Using the phone or email whenever it is possible to communicate ?

I can write decently well but I have no passion for it but it is enjoyable corresponding in emails. I learned to do this when I was in the service and an email server was the only way I had to communicate with others.

Sort of important since its a great way to illustrate ideas but it's not an artistic passion of mine or anything.

Kas

Fabula rasa
Exchanging views with other people including people with different cultural background, learning new information (I really like ‘the Academy’ part)

Not much , but yes postcards. I love postcards! I like seeing pictures from various places and the idea that somebody thought about me out there somewhere. So.. I think that others like them too and send them happily- to friends and family.

When I was in junior-high we were writing letters with my friends on daily basis, same friends I met every day. They were full (I unintentionally wrote 'fool' and it's correct too) of absurd jokes and conspiracy theories, we had a lot of fun about it.
I have one very good friend who lives in different country and we write to each other because we meet rarely (about 1/year). We used to write letters for a long time, now it’s more often e-mails or we just chat on internet, because we have less time. I prefer letters as they are more personal though.

I use it rarely, only when I have many things to do. I write down then what and when to not get lost in all of these.

Not a secret. I have a notebook in which I note sometimes what happened, something I liked, something that enraged me , something that moved me, my thoughts. A friend of mine told me to do so and that’s a person that ‘teach me life’ I rarely argue :laugh:
I had diaries before though. And I find it nice to come back to them. To new one when I can’t remind myself something and I know I’ve written it down. And the old one... haha I reread my first diary about year ago and that was so funny.

I usually was doing my homeworks in a slapdash way during schoolbreak or in bus, there was no time to be bored then.

The first place I lived, we had with my sister room separated with a wall made of bookshelves from the rest of apartment, so there were books close :) It was very cool wall as you could take the elements out. My mother was reading books to us every evening and my sister was always telling the most wonderful stories. When I was child I sometimes couldn’t say where is a line between what is real and her fiction.

I got my first diary from my grandmother when I was a little over 5 years and I wrote inside it with crooked block letters about how I got up, ate breakfast, sat in car , watched Sailor Moon. Usually about 2 sentences. And as I wrote before it’s quite hilarious now.

I don’t think so. In fact I prefer to talk with somebody than write to them.

I use it in work, I use it to write my thoughts down. I would say important.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I am curious about what you like to write. Apart from writing on the MBTI forum, can you tell us :

Getting to interface with people I otherwise would not have happened upon, fun, learning, sharing.

I often send hand-written letters when travelling. I seem to buy and send postcards more within my own city:blush:

To friends and family. I send a lot of thank you cards, to places that have treated me especially kindly.

Yes, paper and computer. For instilling order and remembering many things. I sometimes scribble ideas, sketches or prose in it.

No.

I hated homework. I considered it inefficiency on the part of the teachers if they couldn’t finish lesson plans within the allotted time. I was bored in school until the principal let me skip one grade which helped to make the experience a bit more challenging.

Yes! Reading was very big in our home. My Father read to me every night (Winnie The Pooh series, Tom Sawyer, Robinson Crusoe, Wind in the Willows…) and I could read by age 3. One of our houses had a small library and I loved sitting in a sunbeam or listening to the rain fall on the tin roof while I read. My Grade 8 teacher was the first one to submit any of my work for publication. Grateful to him still.

I loved reading to my little brother!

Brother_zpswyf6cefw.jpg

I teach ESL and some writing is involved.

I use the phone “as a phone” sparingly - only for people that I feel are worth staying in touch with that way. My family are spread around the globe. I enjoy emailing (texting when time is shorter) when it isn’t possible to talk in-person (first preference).

Vital. I write every day and have notebooks (paper and digital) upon notebooks of song writing, archived research for writing, poetry, ideas etc.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As embarrassing as this is to admit, I post here because I love to teach, and I love the simple "confirmation" of my existence that I get when I affect people with my writing. As an extravert, I have a limited and exposed inner core. I am, in many ways, nothing more than what the world reflects back to me. As a natural performer, ENFj, EIE, Beta, i.e. "Hamlet," I actively seek opportunities to "perform" for people. While what I really want is applause and admiration, although I don't mind rotten vegetables being thrown at me after a given performance. What I really can't stand is silence--people who don't even bother to "show up" for the show and who, even when they do "show up," don't respond at all. That leaves me alone, isolated, and, ultimately, non-existent. That sux for an extravert.

:shrug:

ZNP-TBA

Privileged Sh!tlord
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
As embarrassing as this is to admit, I post here because I love to teach, and I love the simple "confirmation" of my existence that I get when I affect people with my writing. As an extravert, I have a limited and exposed inner core. I am, in many ways, nothing more than what the world reflects back to me. As a natural performer, ENFj, EIE, Beta, i.e. "Hamlet," I actively seek opportunities to "perform" for people. While what I really want is applause and admiration, although I don't mind rotten vegetables being thrown at me after a given performance. What I really can't stand is silence--people who don't even bother to "show up" for the show and who, even when they do "show up," don't respond at all. That leaves me alone, isolated, and, ultimately, non-existent. That sux for an extravert.

:shrug:

Yes my brother this is exactly right. Other people are sort of like a mirror to me to observe myself in terms of how I'm effecting them. Like you I have a limited and exposed inner core and add on to that I believe at the core I'm not a fireball of passion but a solidified and hardened ball of ice. :laugh: And just to echo your sentiments I appreciate a reaction even if its a negative one. To me it means a lot more if I've caused someone to think even if they hate my guts for it. :shrug:

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes my brother this is exactly right. Other people are sort of like a mirror to me to observe myself in terms of how I'm effecting them. Like you I have a limited and exposed inner core and add on to that I believe at the core I'm not a fireball of passion but a solidified and hardened ball of ice. :laugh: And just to echo your sentiments I appreciate a reaction even if its a negative one. To me it means a lot more if I've caused someone to think even if they hate my guts for it. :shrug:

And that, my brother, is why I tend to enjoy the company of my ENTp friends and allies. Having an outrageously flexible mind, myself, (very typical of ENFj) combined with enormous curiosity (heavy-duty N), I enjoy "thinking out loud" with ENTp (which, in my experience, loves to do the same). So long as we both enter the discussion with the assumption that nothing we may say to one another, nor any intellectual disagreement we may have, can or will be a "threat" to our friendship/alliance, I find it "fun" to "play" with ideas with someone, and no type I know enjoys this activity more than ENTp.

Thanks for engaging me. Cheers! :cheers:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes....I've caused someone to think even if they hate my guts for it. :shrug:

I'd rather EAT your pirate guts than hate them :moonwalk::whacko::cowboy::hexer:
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] don't you know some ESFP like to think out loud too ? Cheers mon cher !

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Communication in a form that I am comfortable with. I don't socialize with people I don't know face to face, so this forum is good for that.

I never go on vacations. When I do, I don't send letters or postcards. Though I have an ISFJ friend who sends me postcards all the time and I love them. I keep them in a special box.

Nope, I just keep a weekly to-do list. I've tried planners, but then I have to go fetch and open them. It's easier to keep it on the computer for me.

I kept a journal regularly in high school. I don't anymore. Unless you count my private blog on this website. Mostly for venting and recording my menial tasks and feelings. The positive side is that it helps me with self-awareness and reflection.

Both. I hate homework and find it very boring but I'm also very good at it.

My mom read to me as a kid before I started school and I already knew reading and writing mostly before kindergarten. As soon as I learned how to write, I was writing stories. And I was a total bookworm kid.

I can't teach others how to write because everyone has their own unique style. But if people share their writing with me I'm happy to provide feedback for them. I myself keep my work private.

Daily? Not very. But it is an important part of my emotional life in general. My book, I wrote for me. I wrote it to get the story I've had in my head for years down on paper. It was good for me to get it out there in the physical world in some form.

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'd rather EAT your pirate guts than hate them :moonwalk::whacko::cowboy::hexer:
[MENTION=26269]Kheledon[/MENTION] don't you know some ESFP like to think out loud too ? Cheers mon cher !

Indeed. ESFp thinks out loud, on occasion. In fact, I just typed up and printed some poetry from an ESFp friend/ally of mine. It was beautiful, actually, but, truth be told, I tend to irritate ESFps. Not sure why. I suspect I am too aristocratic for their taste. I love engaging in conversation with an ENTp, but they can always outlast me. I have to retreat and recoup and rest way before an ENTp is ready to stop talking (as if they ever are ... LOL). 99 times out of 100, an ENTp will want to keep the conversation going longer than I. ESFp, on the other hand, gets tired of me, and it's the ESFp that usually wants to end a conversation with me first.

Not sure why. :shrug:

Cheers! :cheers:

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Indeed. ESFp thinks out loud, on occasion. In fact, I just typed up and printed some poetry from an ESFp friend/ally of mine. It was beautiful, actually, but, truth be told, I tend to irritate ESFps. Not sure why. I suspect I am too aristocratic for their taste. I love engaging in conversation with an ENTp, but they can always outlast me. I have to retreat and recoup and rest way before an ENTp is ready to stop talking (as if they ever are ... LOL). 99 times out of 100, an ENTp will want to keep the conversation going longer than I. ESFp, on the other hand, gets tired of me, and it's the ESFp that usually wants to end a conversation with me first.

Not sure why. :shrug:

Cheers! :cheers:

Interesting point. Should I confess it is hard for me to have long conversations with a J if he/she is not open-minded enough or too much into judgement.

This is due to my own story, I often feel judged with the J type, and I'm fed up to have to defend myself all the time. That feeling rarely happens with the P type.

But of course there are wonderful J type with a great concentration talent and some P that suck because they are too much distracted and easily bored...

That depends of the ESFP values, intelligence, sensitivity and yours too. Synchronicity doesn't last long with human being. Unless both types know what they are looking for,

what is the sense of the said relationship and.....if they want, work on it (hard).

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

GIjade

MBTI Type
INFJ
So long as we both enter the discussion with the assumption that nothing we may say to one another, nor any intellectual disagreement we may have, can or will be a "threat" to our friendship/alliance, I find it "fun" to "play" with ideas with someone, and no type I know enjoys this activity more than ENTp.
OMG, I could never ever do that. But then, I'm an INFJ.