• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

B v S: Dawn of Justice

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The first mistake is that people might assume the percentage to be a direct reflection of the movie quality, but it just describes the percentage that gave the movie a positive (versus negative) review. Even with a 90% rating on RT, the movie itself might have just BARELY been a positive review from all the reviews and still garner a 90%.

But yeah, then sometimes it's clear the way someone calculates whether a review was good or bad can be in error.

And, they post percentages before the movie has been released to the public, based on reviews that say things like "I can't wait to see this movie!"

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Watched the movie. It wasn't as bad as the critics said it was. I wouldn't put it up there with the Chrisitan Bale Batman trilogy though.

There are two reasons I loved about the movie.

Superman really does bring a sense of hope to the movie. That I didn't expect.

Two - which is the main reason - being that they showed Batman as the detective/investigator DC always tries to portray him as, the best fight scenes I have seen on any super hero movie which showed what a had ass Batman is, Batman's ability to fight real life/political/criminal underworld (this was also shown in the previous batman movies) and Batman's ability to go one on one with someone with super powers. (I must emphasize on the breathtakingly great fight scenes of batman.)

Another positive point is seeing wonderwoman. Wow she is tall and beautiful, looks kickass and she is somewhat similar to Batman in her ability to be an investigator. However they didn't utilize her enough I felt.

What I didn't like were the pacing of the movie (perhaps it was bad editing) and the overacting of the actor who played Lex Luthor. Am I the only one who thought he was overacting? He played a classic e6 counterphobic ENTP and that I must give him credit for. He is normally portrayed as a classic know it all, over-organized, over-smart, stick up the ass, over ambitious ENTJ. But in this we saw a lose counterphobic ENTP and that was a much better take on things.

-------------

Edit - Holy shit I forgot, I loved Batman's suit. Not the one he wore to fight Superman, I mean the normal one. That was just classy. It looked flexible and bulletproof at the same time. I still don't know why he wears a cape though.

Last edited:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What I didn't like were the pacing of the movie (perhaps it was bad editing) and the overacting of the actor who played Lex Luthor. Am I the only one who thought he was overacting? He played a classic e6 counterphobic ENTP and that I must give him credit for. He is normally portrayed as a classic know it all, over-organized, over-smart, stick up the ass, over ambitious ENTJ. But in this we saw a lose counterphobic ENTP and that was a much better take on things.

Well, if you cast Jesse Eisenberg, that's what you are going to get. So I wouldn't blame him for his performance, he actually auditioned for another role, and the director/producers decided this is how they wanted to portray Luthor this time around and gave him this one. He plays roles similar to this (with varying degrees of extraversion) in most every movie he's in.

And yeah, the traditional flavor of Luthor is some kind of NTJ; he typically despises chaos and wants to control everything down to the most minute detail, while this version of Luthor doesn't mind not being in control of the details, he is more interested in tossing in things along the way to push broadly towards his overt goal. "Comic Book Luthor" takes it very personally when someone doesn't do exactly what he wants and tries to double-down; "Movie Luthor" here just viewed divergence from plans as temporary setbacks that can be ameliorated by tossing something else into the mix. Very strong J vs P difference.