• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

what am I looking for?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Need something to read. I find myself walking in to a bookstore frequently and looking for something but I don't know what. Something stimulating, intriguing, something life changing.

Any ideas? Preferrably non-fiction.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lately, I've been reading "Please Understand Me II" by David Keirsey. Some other good ones I've read pretty recently:

"We've Got it Made in America: A Common Man's Salute to an Uncommon Country" by John Ratzenberger

"Still Growing" by Kirk Cameron

"The Unusual Suspect" by Stephen Baldwin (I have actually only read the first chapter of this one, on Stephen's website, but I definitely want to read the rest of it soon.)

Yes, all three of those are written by actors, but they are very interesting people.

Lookin4theBestNU

MBTI Type
ENFj
Enneagram
2w3
Beat said:
Something stimulating, intriguing, something life changing.

Any ideas? Preferrably non-fiction.

:hi: Oh wow I recently saw a book at books a million that meets all these requirements:

The Hand Job Book: A Work of Non-Friction$12.95. has not only a clever subtitle, but some pretty great illustrations. Learn about The Okay, The Italian Job and The Girl Scout (which could be really painful if not properly lubed).

heart

heart on fire
An absolutely riveting and paradigm changing look at colonial history:

The English Atlantic, 1675-1740: An Exploration of Communication and Community
by Ian K. Steele

"Exploding the curious myth that the ocean is a barrier rather than a highway for communication..."

Or if that's not your cup of tea:

The Godfather by Mario Puzo

You'll never look at the world or life the same way again. The movie isn't good enough, got to read the book.