• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Ghostbusters 2016

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's not about the womenz.

Yes. "Part of it is our fault."

Great point. We can't say, "looks like it's gonna suck but I'll see it anyway." A remake can get shit reviews but as long as it makes money, shitty remakes will continue to be produced.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes. "Part of it is our fault."

Great point. We can't say, "looks like it's gonna suck but I'll see it anyway." A remake can get shit reviews but as long as it makes money, shitty remakes will continue to be produced.

Hollywood lacks much creativity. It is the common issue. Hard to believe now the Lucas and Coppola were rebels against the studio system.

One of the big issues today is financing. Most major films today are financed with Chinese money. The Chinese film market is massive. So studios want things that will appeal easily to Chinese investors and international audiences....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hollywood lacks much creativity. It is the common issue. Hard to believe now the Lucas and Coppola were rebels against the studio system.

One of the big issues today is financing. Most major films today are financed with Chinese money. The Chinese film market is massive. So studios want things that will appeal easily to Chinese investors and international audiences....

Say what you want about Lucas, but even the shitty SW prequels at least tried to be original rather than retreading the same formula of A New Hope.

Fuck China.

Crabs

Permabanned
Ghostbusters was suck because of no women Ghostbusters. Women Ghostbusters will redeem the franchise.

But women played an integral part in the original Ghostbusters.

Crabs

Permabanned
See. That's the problem. These movies teach that women with power are dangerous and therefore it must be exorcised out of them.

I posted those pictures as a joke. Women have been flourishing in the Ghostbusters universe for years.

For example, Kylie Griffin has been busting ghosts for nearly two decades (since 1997).

The ravishing redhead, Janine Melnitz, has donned a proton pack on multiple occasions, going all the way back to the cartoon from the 80's

Melanie Ortiz

And I believe there were a number of other female Ghostbusters from time to time. Most fans had no problem with these characters and didn't mind them being incorporated into a third movie, particularly Kylie.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I posted those pictures as a joke. Women have been flourishing in the Ghostbusters universe for years.

For example, Kylie Griffin has been busting ghosts for nearly two decades (since 1997).

The ravishing redhead, Janine Melnitz, has donned a proton pack on multiple occasions, going all the way back to the cartoon from the 80's

Melanie Ortiz

And I believe there were a number of other female Ghostbusters from time to time. Most fans had no problem with these characters and didn't mind them being incorporated into a third movie, particularly Kylie.

Those characters were designed by men. Women desire to be depicted as they are, not how men want them to be. So, it is about time that a movie was made with women deciding how they will be portrayed.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Those characters were designed by men. Women desire to be depicted as they are, not how men want them to be. So, it is about time that a movie was made with women deciding how they will be portrayed.

The new one was co-written by a man and based on a story originally written by 3 men. Why does the gender of the authors of either version matter?

It doesn't look like a movie made by women deciding how they want to be portrayed; it looks like another suckfest remake imagined up in a Hollywood boardroom which changed little about the original film and was designed to pander to a certain demographic so the producers could pat themselves on the back about how progressive Hollywood has become rather than how original they are.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
The new one was co-written by a man and based on a story originally written by 3 men. Why does the gender of the authors of either version matter?

It doesn't look like a movie made by women deciding how they want to be portrayed; it looks like another suckfest remake imagined up in a Hollywood boardroom which changed little about the original film and was designed to pander to a certain demographic so the producers could pat themselves on the back about how progressive Hollywood has become rather than how original they are.

Men didn't write it. Men just take credit for everything that their mothers, sisters, girlfriends and wives do. Gender matters. That's why men are upset by women Ghostbusters. Men don't accept women as scientists and entrepreneurs with respectable careers. They're really afraid to accept this reality, to find out women are running the world. It would benefit them to buy tickets to this movie and calm down.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Men didn't write it. Men just take credit for everything that their mothers, sisters, girlfriends and wives do. Gender matters. That's why men are upset by women Ghostbusters. Men don't accept women as scientists and entrepreneurs with respectable careers. They're really afraid to accept this reality, to find out women are running the world. It would benefit them to buy tickets to this movie and calm down.

Even though you're trolling, this is a fun discussion.

Which men are you referring to who don't accept women as scientists and entrepreneurs? Collectivizing all men and then only attributing the reactions and attitudes of a specific set of men to the entire collective is a pretty rotten thing to do. It's as sexist as statements that "all women do _____ or feel _____ or etc"

Crabs

Permabanned
Ghostbusters 2016 is the most disliked movie trailer in YouTube history.

cosmic royal

Phoenix Flame
MBTI Type
xNTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Eh, I might watch it out of curiosity.

But seriously, a remake of Ghostbusters was unnecessary in the first place.

Tater

this trailer looks better.

i like melissa mccarthy and christen wig. will be looking to see what reviewers say when it comes out.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Didn't watch the trailer above, since I'm still at work... but I hated the one I saw in the theater. It wasn't the worst I've seen, but was definitely in the middle "meh" territory.

It's not even like I'm adverse to this particular cast. I loved Bridesmaids and Spy and The Heat (with the same cast members and/or same humor style). But... it just didn't look that funny and/or worth seeing.

----

From the Breitbart article (oh noes, you made me read BREITBART?? :smile:):

“I swear I thought this was an SNL skit at first,” says another. *wince* And without tiebacks to the original? Small homages can be good, and built up viewer good-will (nostalgia), and also provide extra context that can be capitalized upon.

But... yeah, that was about how it dropped when I was watching the theater preview chain recently. Probably the deadest trailer in the 8-9 they ran, probably on par with the crappy "The 5th Wave" trailer.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Didn't watch the trailer above, since I'm still at work... but I hated the one I saw in the theater. It wasn't the worst I've seen, but was definitely in the middle "meh" territory.

It's not even like I'm adverse to this particular cast. I loved Bridesmaids and Spy and The Heat (with the same cast members and/or same humor style). But... it just didn't look that funny and/or worth seeing.

----

From the Breitbart article (oh noes, you made me read BREITBART?? :smile:):

“I swear I thought this was an SNL skit at first,” says another. *wince*

But... yeah, that was about how it dropped when I was watching the theater preview chain recently. Probably the deadest trailer in the 8-9 they ran, probably on par with the crappy "The 5th Wave" trailer.

The women are all funny, talented actors. I think we might be looking at another case of Matthew Broderickism here. Can they make the material work, or is the steaming pile of shit too big for the cast to save?

coughcoughGodzillacoughcoughInspectorGadgetcoughcough. Hopefully it doesn't kill their careers if the movie flops.

I know, I know, it's Breitbart, but Milo Yiannopoulos is brilliant, even if he is a total bitch.