• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Your 2016 Oscars Live Thread

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mad Max is wrecking the Oscars right now. :mellow:

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm as much for white guilt as the next person, but this is just...excruciating. Panhandling with Girl Scout cookies, Chris? Really???

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I had thought that the Revenant was a lock for Best Director and Best Picture, but now I don't know. Dicaprio better be thanking God that Hardy got the nod for Best Supporting instead.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love Louis CK.

Anamolisa was a better film than Inside Out. I think the Academy was (rightfully!) worried about invoking the Wrath of Zombie Steve Jobs if they didnt give it to Pixar.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I loved Louis CK's intro. Very funny.

I liked Mad Max but am surprised it is winning so much. :shrug:

Joe Biden?!? Wtf....why is this the time or place for this? Oh yeah. Spotlight. Ok. But still. Sort of out of place.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I loved Louis CK's intro. Very funny.

I liked Mad Max but am surprised it is winning so much. :shrug:

Joe Biden?!? Wtf....why is this the time or place for this? Oh yeah. Spotlight. Ok. But still. Sort of out of place.

I'm not watching it, what did Biden have to do with anything?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga is doing her damnedest to make that Streisand thing happen for her. Bless her heart.

ETA:

Lady Gaga channeling her inner Kathryn Hepburn to sing this song.

Lol I posted mine afterwards. There's a lot going on with this performance. She sounds like she kind of over shot her range vocally tho...

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lady Gaga is doing her damnedest to make that Streisand thing happen for her. Bless her heart.

ETA:

Lol I posted mine afterwards. There's a lot going on with this performance. She sounds like she kind of over shot her range vocally tho...

Lol. She is beyond, beyond talented but always goes just over the line of good taste in her performances. I want to reel her in back just a bit. She's almost too good for her own good.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol. She is beyond, beyond talented but always goes just over the line of good taste in her performances. I want to reel her in back just a bit. She's almost too good for her own good.

Her rendition of the National Anthem at the Super Bowl was pretty flawless, I thought. She just wanted it too bad tonight.

While we're on the subject of music, though, how in the fuck does John Williams lose at anything music related.

...oh it's Ennio Morricone? Ok we cool.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Morricone has never won an Oscar? Wow. Deserved.

Common is hot.

Waze just added Morgan Freeman as an option for your navigation voice. This is entirely unrelated, but somehow feels relevant.

Also, Olivia Wilde's dress is pretty much everything.

olivia-wilde-oscars-2016-red-carpet-fashion-ld.jpg

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok bets for big awards:

Best Actress: Brie Lawson
Best Actor: DiCaprio
Best Director: George Miller (unless Inarratu gets it)
Best Film: Mad Max (unless Revenant gets it)

Looking at my co-hosts [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] for their takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Sidebar: JJ Abrams is the poor man's Spielberg. No disrespect.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=7254]Wind Up Rex[/MENTION]

no way. I am changing it to his voice in that app.

I was just thinking of how if i wore that dress I would look like a window drape. She looks amazing.

After watching the Oscars, I want to see Spotlight and The Big Short. Room looks good but intense.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
HOLY FUCK INARRITU GOT IT.

Back to back for best director (he got it for Birdman last year). I guess Best Pictures going to Revenant. Dammmmnnnn.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Ok bets for big awards:

Best Actress: Brie Lawson
Best Actor: DiCaprio
Best Director: George Miller (unless Inarratu gets it)
Best Film: Mad Max (unless Revenant gets it)

Looking at my co-hosts [MENTION=6724]DiscoBiscuit[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] for their takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Sidebar: JJ Abrams is the poor man's Spielberg. No disrespect.

I didn't see many movies this year except Mad max and a couple of others, so I'm kinda left in the lurch as far as whipping out the magic 8 ball on this. :(