• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Sicario

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Anyone else seen it?

I thought it was wonderful. Best movie of 2015 for me.

Best representation of realistic action I have seen in a recent movie.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I saw it in the theater.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Loved it. Great tension throughout the film.

Also some incredible tracking shots; the convoy border crossing comes to mind.

Normally I like Emily Blunt, but her character was unlikeable in this sort of character role (idiot outsider who learns "the way things are done" for/with the audience).

Del Toro is great, surprised he didn't get any academy recognition actually.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
Loved it. Great tension throughout the film.

Also some incredible tracking shots; the convoy border crossing comes to mind.

Normally I like Emily Blunt, but her character was unlikeable in this sort of character role (idiot outsider who learns "the way things are done" for/with the audience).

Del Toro is great, surprised he didn't get any academy recognition actually.

Agreed. It was one of the best shot (prettiest for lack of a better word) movies I've ever seen. If you think about it the story was kinda ho-hum, but the execution elevated the whole thing.

I wish more action movies were like this. It's strange how few movies these days actually build tension effectively.

This might be my new favorite action sequence:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with everything others have said. Great acting, great tension, and moral ambiguity abounds. Blunt was perhaps the most evocative (she's the emotional connection of the movie), while Del Toro was appropriately enigmatic and... yeah, I'm kind of surprised he didn't show up in more lists.

Sicario is in my top ten for the year, and I ended up going back to watch more movies by Dennis Villeneuve because of it. I'd seen Prisoners, which felt a little too long but again included a lot of moral ambiguity and some really (great) raw performances. So I ended up watching Enemy next, and my hopes for Blade Runner 2 shot way up once I realized Villeneuve was directing.

Adam

MBTI Type
DEUS
Brilliant movie with tension throughout. Absolutely best thriller of 2015. Very special soundtrack.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just watched it. Exquisite. Beautiful. Tense. A lot left unsaid. A lot told by the atmosphere of the scenes.

Characters in the movie, not the actor's type.

Emily Blunt ISFP (they tried to depict her as a ISTJ touching Fi, but she was Fi dom and lacked Ne)

Del Toro ENFJ(I considered INFJ, as well, and it is a close call)

Brolin ESTP

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
It was a great film, but the soundtrack messed with me. It fits the vibe of what the movie is going for though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
He did the soundtrack for Villeneuve's next movie, "Arrival", as well. I can't say the movie had a theme that I can recall, musically, but the effects and soundtrack definitely buttressed the weird existential anchorless emotions and the eerie foreign nature of the aliens.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not an action fan, but loved this movie. Great film.