• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Musical taste "defines personality"

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aw, the OP link's not working anymore. Music is usually an emotional expression. I listen to different kinds based on my mood...from death metal to down tempo and ambient and everything in between.

aufs klo

MBTI Type
ENFP
i went christmas shopping yesterday and came home with 'dark side of the moon' and 'london calling', wish I'd bought that dead album though...

my vinyl collection disproves this theory, and I'll listen to anything so long as it doesn't suck

luminous beam

♪♫♪♫♪♫
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hm, thanks Gauche. So I listen to all those genres, but the ones I listen to most are Classical Music, Rap, Dance, Indie, Rock/Heavy Metal, Chart Pop and Soul. I grew up mainly listening to Classical, then to Rock/Heavy Metal, then got into Indie, Dance, and it's just within a year or two that I've gotten into Rap, Soul, Pop and back to Classical. If we look at the order of that "psychologically" in reference to the article:

Grade School:
I started out with "High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease" (Classical) when young

Middle/high school:
Started to really get into rock and became "creative, not hard-working, not outgoing, gentle, at ease"(Rock/Metal)

College:
"Low self-esteem, creative, not hard working"(Indie) and "Creative, outgoing, not gentle"(Dance)

Current:
Only recently in the past couple of yrs- "High self-esteem, outgoing"(Rap), "High self-esteem, creative, outgoing, gentle, at ease"(Soul), "High self-esteem, not creative, hardworking, outgoing, gentle, not at ease"(Pop) and back to "High self-esteem, creative, introvert and at ease" (Classical) again.

I'm not saying that this is right on point or precise, but it kind of fits me. I always listen to everything, but, the genres I listed are the ones I consider relating to the most at the time, the ones that speak to me that I can't get enough of that got the most plays in those time frames.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
I'd say my eclectic taste in music would be a match for INFP.

wolfy

awsm
heavy metal listeners are gentle, creative types who are at ease with themselves.

OK He got me. :blush:

Pantera makes me feel creative and at ease with myself.

heavyMetal.jpg

placebo

MBTI Type
INFP
Some of it is a little contradictory if you listen to a few genres, but generally I apparently am creative, have low self-esteem, and am not hard working. :( Oh and not gentle.

(it fits)

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
its not what you like its why you like it... if there is a link between music and personality