• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Vikings

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's a new season of Vikings coming out and it will be full of more war, action, gods and mysticism and I personally can't wait to binge watch the whole thing.
Is anyone else into Vikings? I find it to be the best TV series out there right after NBC's Hannibal from Bryan Fuller.
The overall atmosphere is very dark, mystical and aggressive and they build the tension of the show in a fascinating manner. I haven't seen a single bad episode of History channel's Vikings.
I also have to say the historical accuracy is not perfect, but it is definitely very above average for a pop culture audio-visual art.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I love this show and have since Episode 1. Everything in the show is historically accurate as far as the people existed, the places existed and the things that happened did happen. It is not chronologically accurate (it couldn't be) and of course they add things for dramatic effect. Such as last season. When Ragnar staged his death to get into Paris. Yes that happened but it was Harald Hardrada, the king of Norway and he was trying to get into York. It's still a great story.

I know what happens to Rollo historically but I'm really interested to see where they go with his marriage to Gisla. Many sources say this never happened, although he did marry a local woman, Poppa of Bayeux. I'm thinking they may turn his marriage to Gisla into this because from all accounts, they, Rollo and Poppa, were married a long time and happy.

Dyslexxie

Dope& diamonds.
*revives*
LOVE LOVE LOVE VIKINGS. I can't wait for the new season!
I love this show and have since Episode 1. Everything in the show is historically accurate as far as the people existed, the places existed and the things that happened did happen. It is not chronologically accurate (it couldn't be) and of course they add things for dramatic effect. Such as last season. When Ragnar staged his death to get into Paris. Yes that happened but it was Harald Hardrada, the king of Norway and he was trying to get into York. It's still a great story.

I know what happens to Rollo historically but I'm really interested to see where they go with his marriage to Gisla. Many sources say this never happened, although he did marry a local woman, Poppa of Bayeux. I'm thinking they may turn his marriage to Gisla into this because from all accounts, they, Rollo and Poppa, were married a long time and happy.
It's neat they combined Ragnar and Rollo even though in the historical accounts they weren't related. Fantastic show however. Love it! I can't decide who I love more - Rollo or Ragnar.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
I am so happy that I have only just found this show , although i am 3 seasons in, Ragnar and Rollo, Ragnar and Rollo....sigh but seriously i love all the characters, i love the mysticism and the combination of the old gods and the Christian god from a different perspective.

When Rollo walked over the table last night i remembered that I love masculine movements. Makes me feel feminine it was visually delicious. i love that they have two of my favorite type of men on display at the same time.. lol

I love Lagatha and I just love the whole thing, its given me worlds within my mind to escape to and I have desperately missed that.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Having watched the final season on Amazon, I like the way the show ended.

The spinoff, "Vikings: Valhalla" will be set 100 years in the future. So that means around the time of Edward the Confessor/ William The Conqueror/Olaf II (St. Olaf)/Emma of Normandy/King Canute. This is a very interesting period in history, full of monumental changes so I'm totally looking forward to it. But if they continue beyond, I really hope they touch on the Norman conquest of Italy and Sicily, especially King Roger II.

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
Having watched the final season on Amazon, I like the way the show ended.

The spinoff, "Vikings: Valhalla" will be set 100 years in the future. So that means around the time of Edward the Confessor/ William The Conqueror/Olaf II (St. Olaf)/Emma of Normandy/King Canute. This is a very interesting period in history, full of monumental changes so I'm totally looking forward to it. But if they continue beyond, I really hope they touch on the Norman conquest of Italy and Sicily, especially King Roger II.

I have amazon so i will look for the final season, how many seasons were there? I didn't know there is going to be a spin off, i loved the historical aspects as well, it felt like stepping back in time.

I am also VERY excited to see what THE NORTHMAN by Egger is going to be like, visual masterpiece and eye candy with my other favorite Alexander Skarsgård

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I have amazon so i will look for the final season, how many seasons were there? I didn't know there is going to be a spin off, i loved the historical aspects as well, it felt like stepping back in time.

I am also VERY excited to see what THE NORTHMAN by Egger is going to be like, visual masterpiece and eye candy with my other favorite Alexander Skarsgård

There were 6 seasons. I use to get mildly irritated with the historical aspect in the show. Everything that happened on the show did happen historically. They took a lot of liberties with when and who. For instance - Ragnar fakes his death, Floki builds him a casket and he asks to have a Christian funeral in Paris. This is a ruse to get the Viking army inside and wreck havoc. This did happen, except it was actually Harold Hardrada and it was much later. Harald Sigurdsson (Hardrada) will be in the Vikings spinoff.

lol edited to add that I already said this like 5 years ago.