• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

SI Puts Plus sized model on its swinsuit issue cover

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Huff post article

Z6pDiRx.jpg

All the history-making and downright exciting body-positive news surrounding the 2016 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue culminated in one major moment Saturday night when the brand made Ashley Graham one of its three cover stars.

Thoughts?

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
She doesn't really look plus sized. Maybe it's the angle? Idk.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
They all look healthy to me, just different body types. The third one/ blonde girl is probably most stereotypically idealized though; that's a super rare body type to have.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
They all look healthy to me, just different body types. The third one/ blonde girl is probably most stereotypically idealized though; that's a super rare body type to have.

I agree. The model industry rejected "healthy" and "normal" for so long, which is why this is even an issue. It was over a decade ago that the Dove Campaign for Real Beauty came out, and that hit the subject dead on.

I have always felt there is a pretty good range for "healthy" and we don't need to force women (or men) into box that the publishing world has created...

Kullervo

Permabanned
MBTI Type
N/A
Eh, they all look perfectly healthy to me. I am always suspicious that magazines make use of photoshopping to "enhance" their ladies' breast size a little...helps make the male readership go :ninja:

Very shagadelic though.