• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Do sensors enjoy music more than the intuitive?

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
In a different way, maybe, but no one could enjoy some music some of the time more than myself. It's perfect and ethereal.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
We like it louder. But maybe that's just SPs I dunno. But people are always telling me to turn the music down in my car. And I'm like "what are you, my mom?" And then my mom says "Yes!" :blush:

heart

heart on fire
I use music to go into deep Fi states. I'll listen to the same song many times over until get a euphoria. I enjoy music a lot. I cannot imagine enjoying it more, but then who knows?

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
I use music to go into deep Fi states. I'll listen to the same song many times over until get a euphoria. I enjoy music a lot. I cannot imagine enjoying it more, but then who knows?

x2

I think N's may be able to gather more meaning from music than S's, maybe.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
That's what I was getting at, same same, but I don't apply a function to it per se. I've listened to "Man in a Suitcase" by the Police about twenty times the past two days, and I've known the song for many years.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
This is going to sound totally crazy and out of this world, but nothing pisses me off more than loud music in the car. I always listen to talk radio... all the time...

Most of the time music annoys the crap out of me. Then again, you will see me playing how to save a life on piano, or a letter to elise on guitar.... so I don't know what my point is on music. I guess I only listen to it if the lyrics are really meaningful, but then again I do listen to classical and enjoy it. I am confused...

My S and even some N type friends will listen to things just for the stupid sound... here is a little Gem that managed to annoy me to no end in the car with them.... they all turned on this new song about kissing a girl and liking it and they played it so loud and enjoyed it while I was just agitated to no end...

heart

heart on fire
That's what I was getting at, same same, but I don't apply a function to it per se. I've listened to "Man in a Suitcase" by the Police about twenty times the past two days, and I've known the song for many years.

That's very interesting. What kinds of effects do you get from doing this? The only reason I assume in mysef Fi is it is almost a religious experience level of feeling.

Members Only

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm doing the same thing to Ok Computer (Radiohead) at the moment. It has been on repeat the last two days.

heart

heart on fire
My S and even some N type friends will listen to things just for the stupid sound... here is a little Gem that managed to annoy me to no end in the car with them.... they all turned on this new song about kissing a girl and liking it and they played it so loud and enjoyed it while I was just agitated to no end...

That song is like the worst song and they play it on the radio all the time. It just proves, stamp lesbianism...well faux lesbianism on anything and it will sell and people will claim to like it to be hip.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I enjoy the shit out of Third Eye Blind, but I don't think I see images of Jesus when I listen to it.

Not yet at least. :(

heart

heart on fire
I enjoy the shit out of Third Eye Blind, but I don't think I see images of Jesus when I listen to it.

Not yet at least. :(

I was refering to an intense, very high sort of emotional state, not concrete religious icons. Perhaps religious experience was not the best term.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I was refering to an intense, very high sort of emotional state, not concrete religious icons. Perhaps religious experience was not the best term.

I know what she is talking about here, and that is probably why I can't listen to alot of music... it seems to rub me really bad the wrong way, like churn my stomach or send shivers down my spine or conjure crazy memories from deep past.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6

Yeah, I know what you mean. I wasn't really being serious with my post.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I consume music in HUGE quantities, everyday, everywhere since I can remember. I also have a very varied taste.

I don't know if Ss enjoy it more than Ns but I sure as hell WORSHIP music.

miked277

MBTI Type
INTP
I consume music in HUGE quantities, everyday, everywhere since I can remember. I also have a very varied taste.

I don't know if Ss enjoy it more than Ns but I sure as hell WORSHIP music.
same pretty much. music is one of my most healthy addictions right up there with air and water.