• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Stars Wars the feminist awakens

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's part of the feminist conspiracy. Yep, there's a girl and a black guy in the main cast. What happened to good old fashioned movies featuring wholesome white male leads? In my day, Lando and Leia knew their places. Goshdarn changey change.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's part of the feminist conspiracy. Yep, there's a girl and a black guy in the main cast. What happened to good old fashioned movies featuring wholesome white male leads? In my day, Lando and Leia knew their places. Goshdarn changey change.

The fuck is it with women and racial minorities ruining all the good old fashioned white male fun these days? Damn liberal agenda.

jixmixfix

Permabanned

Pretty much like any action movie now days there can't be s male character without the supervision and guidance of a female character.

Ingrid in grids

eyeroll.gif

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pretty much like any action movie now days there can't be s male character without the supervision and guidance of a female character.

Oh yeah, yeah. It's gotten so bad. That charlize theron had no business being in Fury Road. There's never been any females in the other Mad Max films. At least none that mattered.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Oh yeah, yeah. It's gotten so bad. That charlize theron had no business being in Fury Road. There's never been any females in the other Mad Max films. At least none that mattered.

She was the main character in fury road. lol

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
She was the main character in fury road. lol

Oh yeah, it was terrible. He hardly had any lines, unlike the other Mad Max films where he was given tons of dialogue and character development. I'm so done with that series.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mean have you watched that Bates Motel show? It's all about how the domineering manipulative mother controls Norman Bates. It's just so infuriating.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
Oh yeah, it was terrible. He hardly had any lines, unlike the other Mad Max films where he was given tons of dialogue and character development. I'm so done with that series.

Her character development also sucked, it was just like well if max ain't gonna save these bitches I better make sure he does.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Her character development also sucked, it was just like well if max ain't gonna save these bitches I better make sure he does.

Yeah. I mean, at least when someone needed to convince him to help out in the other movies, it was usually a man doing the convincing.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This obviously means that men won't be main characters anymore. Because gender equality right?

*shakes head*

Racial diversity c'mon? It's so much cheaper for the director to look next door-oh wait you might next to someone who is of color, can't let that happen.

Damn California what happened to good old America where it was only the whites coming and taking the land which was rightfully ours.

That was true freedom.

:ack!:

I just got force choked by the feminist. :p

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
It's a great flick. There's a white character too, "best pilot in the resistance" in fact (a la max from robotech). Lesser-knowns are what Star Wars should be about. Sure it's annoying that the obvious diversity shoe horning is present (oh there's the Asian female as a pilot, I was worried for a sec) but all the actors as individuals do a great job and have good chemistry.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
This obviously means that men won't be main characters anymore. Because gender equality right?

*shakes head*

Racial diversity c'mon? It's so much cheaper for the director to look next door-oh wait you might next to someone who is of color, can't let that happen.

Damn California what happened to good old America where it was only the whites coming and taking the land which was rightfully ours.

That was true freedom.

:ack!:

I just got force choked by the feminist. :p

Stupid argument, every piece of land in history was colonized by some group or another. The problem in this movie isn't that the main character is a strong female, but it's that it's a strong female with ZERO flaws.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Stupid argument, every piece of land in history was colonized by some group or another. The problem in this movie isn't that the main character is a strong female, but it's that it's a strong female with ZERO flaws.

I'm glad you recognized it was stupid.

She does have flaws though. She didn't kill Kylo Ren or stop other people from dying. She hesitated to even take Luke's light saber and she was very attached to her home land. Did you even watch the movie???

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I took Buzzfeed's Which The Force Awakens Character Are You? quiz and I got Rey. SUCK IT, BITCHES.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I took Buzzfeed's Which The Force Awakens Character Are You? quiz and I got Rey. SUCK IT, BITCHES.

NO. BECAUSE RAPE IS WRONG!

Beorn

Permabanned
They're both better at acting than Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen so that's good enough for me.

jixmixfix

Permabanned
I'm glad you recognized it was stupid.

She does have flaws though. She didn't kill Kylo Ren or stop other people from dying. She hesitated to even take Luke's light saber and she was very attached to her home land. Did you even watch the movie???

She's a better at fixing the millennium falcon than Holo Solo, she pilots better than Han Solo. She picks up a light Sabor and just instantly learns force capabilities, which makes no sense since you have to train for years to learn force capabilities.