• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

RIP Alan Rickman

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Damn... That man was epic as Snape...and the Sheriff of Nottingham. And as Hans Grüber.

Alan Rickman, one of the best-loved and most warmly admired British actors of the past 30 years, has died in London aged 69. His death was confirmed on Thursday by his family who said that he died “surrounded by family and friends”. Rickman had been suffering from cancer.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I loved Galaxy Quest. For a "dumb" comedy, it's well written and does a good job capturing the essence of the sci-fi fandom/convention culture. I love the scene where Dane is freaking out before going on stage at the convention.

and

Hans Gruber made me appreciate villains.

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more!

What a legend. We will miss him greatly.

Lark

Hard to believe that Galaxy Quest was that long ago, 1999 huh? Mad, I loved that movie and thought it had such a cast, I really liked the faux Warf character that Rickman played.

Its funny but when people like this die sometimes its the more obscure roles that people dont remember that I remember liking the most.

Lark

Because it's dull, you twit! It'll hurt more!

What a legend. We will miss him greatly.

I cant believe how long ago that was too, I remember the song remaining at number one the charts for so long, I remember the movies, games and videos show which was on on saturdays and discussed a bit about each of those things showing clips from the movie and I remember that a single movie like this one would take up a lot of air time over a long, long time.

Things have really changed and maybe that's why I think differently about movie stars like Rickman and those that are around today which are meant to replace them, I dont think they are half the actors that are being lost, same with music talent too.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Fuck. It just occurred to me this likely means no Galaxy Quest 2. I realize this sounds insensitive, but apparently the entire cast had said they'd do a sequel if if ever came to fruition.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Wore my Harry Potter shirt and socks in honor of him today. :(

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION], yesterday I was actually wondering if there might be some correlation to some phenomenon in postwar London...

It'd be interesting to research rates of cancer deaths, ratio of cancer deaths in men born in London aged 69 to 70 to cancer deaths in men born in the same city in different years. Of course, cancer is a leading cause of death for men that age, so it's probably just coincidence. Rickman had pancreatic cancer and Bowie liver cancer, so maybe I'm drawing a connection where none exists (both are "gut" cancers, but I know little more about cancer and such a study would require someone with more background and knowledge in cancer-related deaths).