• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Star Trek: Beyond

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1:16 hours in - it's rescue the princess time, with Spock playing the role of Mario.

Yeesh.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1:17 Scotty beams a large group of people, where a few minutes before in the movie he stated that he could only beam one person at a time using the same transporter.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1:17:15, instead of just killing her he tosses her. He could have killed her right then and there. But nope.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1:18 - aliens know Kung Fu.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
At 1:29 - no spoilers here, just think Independence Day and Ender's Game. Hackneyed, old, and lame.

Crabs

Permabanned
Star Trek Beyond = Terrible.

In order to separate this "Star Trek" from the rest, I have dubbed it "Action Trek." But even some action movies have more depth. Terminator 2 had family values going for it. Action Trek has nothing going for it.

I still haven't seen this movie. Can't say I'm surprised that it's burdened with too much action, considering the choice of director. Sometimes studios insist on making stupid decisions.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I still haven't seen this movie. Can't say I'm surprised that it's burdened with too much action, considering the choice of director. Sometimes studios insist on making stupid decisions.

It's just not a credible story. You have another swarm of enemies (compare ID4 or Ender's Game), which is hackneyed enough. But the swarm grows incredibly huge. Where are they all coming from?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's just not a credible story. You have another swarm of enemies (compare ID4 or Ender's Game), which is hackneyed enough. But the swarm grows incredibly huge. Where are they all coming from?

It's just garbled facts, the more facts, credible or not, that you can showcase, apparently makes your appear smart today. Or a particular audience that doesn't have time, neither cares about fact checking or it's importance.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Beargryllz

MBTI Type
INTP
Star Trek Beyond was pretty solid

All 3 of the remakes have been at least pretty good so far, though none are really groundbreaking in any way

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Not really what I was after. the movie for me, was relative to today's movies. Similar to CSI like series/new Sherlock Holmes movie, where the ability to talk fast and bring up random facts while bringing in their own defined logic to creates the impression that the person is to be taken serious because they know what they are talking about "alledgedly".

Movies/series today takes very little time to explain where they are coming from and where they are heading to. You just have to hitch on and go along for the ride. No critical thinking should be applied. And I feel this is what the New Star Trek has become. It turned it into another non critical thinking genre. :(

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Star Trek Beyond was pretty solid

All 3 of the remakes have been at least pretty good so far, though none are really groundbreaking in any way

Where did all the "bees" come from?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think they were extras from the "Wicker Man" remake...
giphy.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
.... you need to work on your sense of humor.

Besides.. STAR TREK BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-YOND! HAHAHAHA