• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Spoilers

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Do you have a problem with spoilers? I never really have, and actually sometimes prefer to just know what happens. Mostly this is just for movies, as I can be more engaged with books sometimes and can determine my own pace- can stop and think whenever I'd like, and have more time to make what is happening reflect... How important I see it? Determine impact maybe, dunno. But with movies I could not generally care less what order I see the sequence of events, or really if I sometimes see them at all. Just curious.

My brother is the total opposite and flips out anytime someone even gravitates towards something of even similar subject matter. He doesn't like the thought of different strokes in this. Seems to think there is only one way movies 'should be watched' and that his is the right way- thoughts?

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
i'm not bothered by it that much, but i do enjoy watching/reading something a lot more when i don't know what's going to happen. some of my best movie experiences happened when i didn't even know the plot before watching it.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually prefer to be spoiled. It may be that real life is tense enough without getting emotionally involved in fictional problems, and believe me, I will get involved. The atmospheres of stories can stick with me for a very long time, especially if I haven't yet finished the story and its problems are unresolved. This might be different if I didn't have anxiety, as in my capacity for these things is naturally very low. But I also just do not like being emotionally suggestible. I really fucking am, and that will always be a fact, but I really fucking don't.

What I like about knowing whats going to happen is that the bird's eye view makes it easier for me to observe and think about the artists' techniques and decisions in context. Thats a kind of wonder, too - the kind of wonder I prefer.

In fact, I choose books and movies by reading their whole Wikipedia articles. I like to buy them instead of borrow, so knowing ahead of time whether they're going to be a letdown or quality helps with that, too.

But on the other hand, these preferences sound kind of like a comfort zone. It's okay to have a home base, but it might be good for me to go for a fictional surprise once in a while.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't like to be spoiled for shows and things that I personally care about. If I don't watch it then I don't care.

If you're with me and you want to talk about spoilers, either 1. warn me to leave the room and not listen or 2. ask if it's okay if I want spoilers or not (sometimes I'll say sure why not). But I think it's incredibly rude to just start spouting off spoilers without considering if everyone currently present is okay with that or not.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I care, sometimes I don't, but I'll get upset if it's supposed to be especially shocking. What I don't understand is when people won't even bother to read/watch something if it is spoiled, but they were interested in it at first. When people tell me this I always say it's the journey not the destination.

I'm really good at avoiding spoilers though. Like on tumblr I can scroll past manga scripts before they translate them without being spoiled.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't give a shit. But sometimes, even better, it just makes it more exciting. Being spoiled is good with money and presents and shows. B)