• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Anyone Into Freeware Games?

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Anyone here into freeware games? Some notable examples being Misao, Ib, Hello Hell...o? and The Crooked Man. Also is there any games that any of you guys would recommend? :D Post your thoughts and recommendations! :)

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
y freeware?

There are a lot of freeware games that don't cost a dime. While there are bad ones, there are also plenty of great ones. I can recommend a few if you want!

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Town of Salem is one of my favorite.

+1 for Town of Salem but it's multiplayer and involves chatting with others to do well. Usually.

Edit: Maybe we need to organize a TypoC Town of Salem game...

Bilateral Entry

Internet User
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
There are a lot of freeware games that don't cost a dime. While there are bad ones, there are also plenty of great ones. I can recommend a few if you want!
Best are the older games that were originally pay to play that became free to play. Or bootlegged versions of pay games.

Better games tend to require bigger budget.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I have a really soft spot for Escape from St. Mary's

Warning: it's entirely text-based. But it's the only game ever to capture the feeling of being in school and doing school stuff, so it's special.

I also like Urban Dead a lot. It's hilarious and has a wickedly good concept. (Also, er.. pretty text-y) Unfortunately it's dying...

:ninja:

Maybe I'm just sentimental, but these seem to be the dying remnants of the online frontiers before the internet became slick and cool and glossy.

á´…eparted

passages
+1 for Town of Salem but it's multiplayer and involves chatting with others to do well. Usually.

Edit: Maybe we need to organize a TypoC Town of Salem game...

That would be pretty fun actually. Yeah games are hit or miss, but overall it's worth it. Some roles are more fun than others so it really depends on what you get stuck with. My favorite roles are all the neutral evil roles, then mafia, then town (I generally don't like being town). Survivor is the worst role in the game, the best is a three way tie between Witch, Serial Killer, and Arsonist.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
That would be pretty fun actually. Yeah games are hit or miss, but overall it's worth it. Some roles are more fun than others so it really depends on what you get stuck with. My favorite roles are all the neutral evil roles, then mafia, then town (I generally don't like being town). Survivor is the worst role in the game, the best is a three way tie between Witch, Serial Killer, and Arsonist.

It's probably no surprise that the Jester is my favorite role. Wish i got it more often.

I'm taking a class over the interim and the pace makes organizing this pretty impossible atm but afterwards I'll start up an interest thread. See if we can make this happen.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=23915]Sinclair[/MENTION] [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]

I play Town of Salem too!

My favorite roles would have to be investigator, jailer, and arsonist.

I agree with you on survivor being the worst role, but I just mess with people to make it more fun when I get it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
A few years ago I have played "Path of Exile". Very very good game for 0$. Especially in the case that you like the Diablo series.