• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Continuum

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
One of my favorite shows of all time. If you want to right now, Netflix has all 4 seasons up. The seasons are pretty short with time span about 45 minutes per episode. It's a sci-fi series that has a time traveler sent back from the year 2077 to the year 2012 to change the course of the future, but all she's trying to is just get back home to 2077 because she didn't intend to stay stuck in the other time.

There are lot of twists and turns from season to season and it's pretty great. Pretty much.

So I didn't post any spoilers here, you're welcome. :D

Discuss?

sorenx7

I liked it. All things considered, the conclusion was not bad. I wish it had been given a few more seasons, but shows like this rarely get the attention they deserve.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I liked it. All things considered, the conclusion was not bad. I wish it had been given a few more seasons, but shows like this rarely get the attention they deserve.

I agree. I felt the 4th season was a push for closure. They could've expanded a little bit more on character development of that time traveler from the far future and the asian guy's relationship with him in how he was helping him. Sure the "future" graphics aren't all that too amazing, but they did well with the "present" timing. I felt the ending did teach a lesson though.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I just watched it over the last few weeks. Lots of interesting ideas and they only rarely dumbed down the story. I liked the evolving characters.

As to typology: my impressions, which could be wrong

Cameron screamed Fi dom. I type her INFP rather than ISFP because she seems Si rather Se (her Se is all enhancements). She also speaks with Te. She could be a ISTJ, except Fi seems to be her guiding principle.

Kellog ENTJ. Possible ENTP, but his empire building seems to fit ENTJ better.

Carlos = ISTJ.

Alec=INTP (his inferior Fe keeps getting him into trouble).

Gracia=ESTP

Julien=INFJ

Travis= ESTP

Sonya=ENFP

Dillon=ESTJ

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting! I never thought to type them. It's a very good show, season 4 was kind of a dip imo, but overall as a show still not too bad.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Interesting! I never thought to type them. It's a very good show, season 4 was kind of a dip imo, but overall as a show still not too bad.

Another few seasons would have been nice, for sure, but it was nice to watch through as is....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another few seasons would have been nice, for sure, but it was nice to watch through as is....

Yeah! I mean they still could've extended it by having to work in the future from potential mishaps from the past or start hooping closer and closer to the future, although I don't know if that'd get cheesy

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah! I mean they still could've extended it by having to work in the future from potential mishaps from the past or start hooping closer and closer to the future, although I don't know if that'd get cheesy

And they could have explored the Freelancers more. .... it was interesting how they had people from multiple alternative futures messing with the same timeline in season 4.....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And they could have explored the Freelancers more. .... it was interesting how they had people from multiple alternative futures messing with the same timeline in season 4.....

That what made season 3 incredibly trippy. No story on the dude either other than a very tiny one. How it was even created in the first place and everything.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
That what made season 3 incredibly trippy. No story on the dude either other than a very tiny one. How it was even created in the first place and everything.

I really just liked how they kept the complexity high and addressed moral grey areas and the ability of people to change. .... smart TV is good TV....

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really just liked how they kept the complexity high and addressed moral grey areas and the ability of people to change. .... smart TV is good TV....

Yeah and that's what made it good. I love shows that introduce philosophical concepts especially if they're brand new. Shows that make you think basically. My friend watches anime because he sees a lot of lessons learned and the shows are usually straight to the point. Continuum was kind of rare because it was so thick with content that there was hardly any fluff, which actually made the fluff that more enjoyable.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really good show! Honestly, it touched on a lot of things my mother tells me about conspiracies and stuff. I don't buy most of them, but I think they are rather interesting, and the writers of Continuum use a lot of the ideas my mom would tell me about. So I showed her the show, and she watched the whole thing in 2 or 3 sittings she liked it so much lol. Anywho....

Kiera Cameron is an INFJ big time. Even the Liber8 people (especially Travis) called her the "Protector", which is a nickname for INFJ's.
Carlos is probably ISTJ (although there is a decent argument for ESTJ). I'd argue he's obviously Ne inferior. Doesn't have a thinking out-of-the-box bone in his body. When Alec shoots out some ingenious but esoteric idea, Carlos tells him to slow down. He wants it explained in Te terms, but he doesn't have the natural ability for Ne at all. His tertiary Fi shows itself when he is depressed after his Kiera from the earlier timeline dies. He feels for her even though the other Kiera is still alive. That's Fi that he is just starting to develop in his 30's.
Alec is 100,000% INTP.
Julian I'd say is INFP although he could be ISFP. An INFP are better at coming up with ideologies since they have Ne. Julian definitely has Fi as his dominant.
Kellogg I'd say ENTJ. My first instinct was ENTP, but that's not true. While he's his own breed of animal (and ENTP's are their own breed), still he relies on Alec's Ne and Ti constantly throughout season 3. He wants Alec's brain working for him. He needs the out of the box feeling only an INTP like Alex would have. So that means Kellogg has Te and not Ti.
Sonya I'm going with ISFJ. She appears like an ISTJ, but that flashback where she first meets Kagame tells us that ultimately she isn't one. She originally was more of a feeler that had to toughen up and develop her tertiary Ti because of all the crap that came her way. But that doesn't change the fact that she is a feeler before a thinker.
Garza is clearly an ISTP.
Lucas (like Alec) is an INTP.
Dillon is an ESTJ.
Roger Cross is an ESTP, doer.
Kagame is an INFJ.
Betty I'm not really sure on. I'd say she is either ENFP or ESFP. Not sure if she has Se or Ne as her dominant.

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Really good show! Honestly, it touched on a lot of things my mother tells me about conspiracies and stuff. I don't buy most of them, but I think they are rather interesting, and the writers of Continuum use a lot of the ideas my mom would tell me about. So I showed her the show, and she watched the whole thing in 2 or 3 sittings she liked it so much lol. Anywho....

Kiera Cameron is an INFJ big time. Even the Liber8 people (especially Travis) called her the "Protector", which is a nickname for INFJ's.
It is her job title. They usually use it mockingly, given how oppressive 2077 police were in general.

Kiera convinces others to do her will not through Fe, but through the strength of her Fi. She is regularly accused of being selfish for obeying her own sense of right and wrong. INFJs accommodate others, and she doesn't accommodate anyone but gets them to accommodate her.

Her words are very Te. She doesn't use pleasantries with anyone, but is blunt.

Carlos is probably ISTJ (although there is a decent argument for ESTJ). I'd argue he's obviously Ne inferior. Doesn't have a thinking out-of-the-box bone in his body. When Alec shoots out some ingenious but esoteric idea, Carlos tells him to slow down. He wants it explained in Te terms, but he doesn't have the natural ability for Ne at all. His tertiary Fi shows itself when he is depressed after his Kiera from the earlier timeline dies. He feels for her even though the other Kiera is still alive. That's Fi that he is just starting to develop in his 30's.
Very true.

Alec is 100,000% INTP.
Very true

Julian I'd say is INFP although he could be ISFP. An INFP are better at coming up with ideologies since they have Ne. Julian definitely has Fi as his dominant.
I very much disagree. Julian uses Ni. In isn’t looking at multiple possibilities, but only one. He sees through the the structure in his world to see the huge flaws of the corporate system. And he is very Fe since he rejects his future once he knows he would become a mass murderer. He is great at speaking to crowds or on TV.
Kellogg I'd say ENTJ. My first instinct was ENTP, but that's not true. While he's his own breed of animal (and ENTP's are their own breed), still he relies on Alec's Ne and Ti constantly throughout season 3. He wants Alec's brain working for him. He needs the out of the box feeling only an INTP like Alex would have. So that means Kellogg has Te and not Ti.
I hadn't considered that aspect, but very true. He has the single mindedness of a Ni user, the empire building nature of the ENTJ.

Sonya I'm going with ISFJ. She appears like an ISTJ, but that flashback where she first meets Kagame tells us that ultimately she isn't one. She originally was more of a feeler that had to toughen up and develop her tertiary Ti because of all the crap that came her way. But that doesn't change the fact that she is a feeler before a thinker.

She is definitely a Feeler. But I just don't see her as a S. I would put INFJ before ISFJ. But that doesn't feel right either.

Garza is clearly an ISTP.
Lucas (like Alec) is an INTP.I
Dillon is an ESTJ.
Roger Cross is an ESTP, doer.
Kagame is an INFJ.
Betty I'm not really sure on. I'd say she is either ENFP or ESFP. Not sure if she has Se or Ne as her dominant.

Betty seems ESFP.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It is her job title. They usually use it mockingly, given how oppressive 2077 police were in general.

Kiera convinces others to do her will not through Fe, but through the strength of her Fi. She is regularly accused of being selfish for obeying her own sense of right and wrong. INFJs accommodate others, and she doesn't accommodate anyone but gets them to accommodate her.

Her words are very Te. She doesn't use pleasantries with anyone, but is blunt.

I get what you're saying. I can buy that Kiera is an introverted feeler. However, she has to be ISFP then, not INFP. She definitely has Ni, even if it's tertiary Ni. I don't see her having the Ne of an INFP at all anywhere on the show. I can see her Te being inferior. And her auxiliary Se makes sense. She is very observant, has good reflexes, is a good fighter. She's gotta be ISFP.

jeffcoaster

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enneagram-wise I'd say

Kiera Cameron-- 1w2 (ISFP)
Carlos-- 9w8 (ISTJ)
Alec-- 5w6 (INTP)
Julian-- 6w5 (INFJ)
Kellogg-- 3w2 (ENTJ)
Sonya-- 4w3 (INFJ)
Garza-- 8w7 (ISTP)
Lucas-- 5w4 (INTP)
Dillon-- 6w7 (ESTJ)
Roger Cross-- 8w9 (ESTP)
Kagame-- 4w5 (INFJ)
Betty-- 4w3 (ESFP)

It's possible Julian is a 4 and Sonya a 6. I'm not sure exactly.

sorenx7

It's good to see people talking about one of my favorite shows (while it lasted.) I also like "12 Monkeys" (the TV show) just as much. The second season begins in April. I probably won't be able to watch it for a while because of my schedule, but hope to catch up on it this summer. "12 Monkeys" also has the advantage of having Amanda Schull in it. Still, I wouldn't want to say which is better, Continuum or 12 Monkeys.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12_Monkeys_(TV_series)

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get what you're saying. I can buy that Kiera is an introverted feeler. However, she has to be ISFP then, not INFP. She definitely has Ni, even if it's tertiary Ni. I don't see her having the Ne of an INFP at all anywhere on the show. I can see her Te being inferior. And her auxiliary Se makes sense. She is very observant, has good reflexes, is a good fighter. She's gotta be ISFP.

It seems she uses Si not Se to me. She is obsessed with returning to her son. Her reflexes seem derived from technology. Her observations and actions are not natural.

Her Ne seems undeveloped because of the CMR. But she gradually learns to trust her intuition throughout the series.

A Ni user would most likely realize that she could never be with her son again, unless it was the exact same future. And decided to make the best of her life in the past. Her obsession with returning to the future keeps hurting others.....

sorenx7

It seems she uses Si not Se to me. She is obsessed with returning to her son. Her reflexes seem derived from technology. Her observations and actions are not natural.

Her Ne seems undeveloped because of the CMR. But she gradually learns to trust her intuition throughout the series.

A Ni user would most likely realize that she could never be with her son again, unless it was the exact same future. And decided to make the best of her life in the past. Her obsession with returning to the future keeps hurting others.....

As an INFP, I do tend to identify with Kiera's behavior. If you see anyone trying to make the best of a situation, that person is most likely not an INFP. But getting obsessed with an ideal outcome is something an INFP might do. The part about hurting others, though, is not typical of INFP behavior. However, in real life that sometimes happens when you are trying to help several people at the same time and their interests conflict with each other. In Kiera's case, she is having to go through the anguish of living a life continually affected by changing outcomes due to time travel, needless to say, just like everyone else in the Continuum world.