• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type in a Haunted Location?

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This question crossed my mind after watching an episode of "Fear" which debuted on MTV in 2000:

If you were with a group of people investigating a haunted location at night and one by one the others got picked off (in any way you'd like to imagine)... which personality type would you want to be there with you at the end, you two being the last standing of the group?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Who you'd want there at the end with you is irrelevant. Regardless of your wishes, the ISTP will be the one getting you guys the hell out of there, inevitably. No contest.

Vorthos

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It doesn't matter who you bring with you: as long as you're an INFP and female, you're practically guaranteed to live. Your buddy probably won't though.

Moral of the story: never be anywhere creepy with an INFP.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTP definitely for sure always. Or maybe ESTP as a fun alternative.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Another ISTP, ESTP sounds fun, but that inferior Ni will get the best of them.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Any Fe-dom

"Go on, Crothers! I'll hold 'em back! You just get out of here!! Go! Don't worry about me!!"​

"Yeah that sounds good to me thanks"​

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to love haunted places and go walk in the dark woods at midnight all by myself, and read horror stories before I go to sleep, and still in fact so interested in psychopath cases and stories and some horror movies (depends on my mood), but I think as I'm getting older, I'm less able to handle some of that, a haunted house is a horrible idea I can't do that, but if I have to, I would take an ISTJ or ISTP

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow many people have chosen an ST [emoji1]

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I used to love haunted places and go walk in the dark woods at midnight all by myself, and read horror stories before I go to sleep, and still in fact so interested in psychopath cases and stories and some horror movies (depends on my mood), but I think as I'm getting older, I'm less able to handle some of that, a haunted house is a horrible idea I can't do that, but if I have to, I would take an ISTJ or ISTP

I understand you. I love both creepy stuff and the supernatural. And spent a decade watching nothing on TV except crime shows. I went through a phase of hunting out haunted locations for research and the thrill, but I'm over that now. I don't want demonic spirits messing with me in retaliation or following me home. I do work at a haunted attraction in Octobers though. XD

This is just a guess but I wonder if ISTJs' Si would get them conjuring all sorts of warning-toned memories from the past that would signal their impending doom/danger. I imagine them as more tense and nervous in the situation vs. ISTPs.

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understand you. I love both creepy stuff and the supernatural. And spent a decade watching nothing on TV except crime shows. I went through a phase of hunting out haunted locations for research and the thrill, but I'm over that now. I don't want demonic spirits messing with me in retaliation or following me home. I do work at a haunted attraction in Octobers though. XD

This is just a guess but I wonder if ISTJs' Si would get them conjuring all sorts of warning-toned memories from the past that would signal their impending doom/danger. I imagine them as more tense and nervous in the situation vs. ISTPs.

Wow that's what I like about MBIT and this forum, it made me realize that there are actually some people in this world who are as crazy as I am, and actually have a talk with them lol, now I feel less creepy! [emoji28]
ISTP I think would be less worried about what's gonna happen next and conjuring memories than a STJs thus more focused on handling the situation, I gotta agree with you..
The types that I would never take with me are NTs and INFs, because I will be more busy handling their breakdowns than exploring the place, I don't know about SFs tbh

xXMariahXx

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wow that's what I like about MBIT and this forum, it made me realize that there are actually some people in this world who are as crazy as I am, and actually have a talk with them lol, now I feel less creepy! [emoji28]
ISTP I think would be less worried about what's gonna happen next and conjuring memories than a STJs thus more focused on handling the situation, I gotta agree with you..
The types that I would never take with me are NTs and INFs, because I will be more busy handling their breakdowns than exploring the place, I don't know about SFs tbh

Yes, none of us are really solitary in this world! ^^ It definitely is a relief to find someone to talk with who gets you in a certain area.

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want it to come down to me and an ESFP. I could see them making light of everything/making jokes and thereby angering the spirits lol. (At least that's the way my sister would be.)

I can't decide whether I'd go with ISTP or ESTP as my choice. (The thing about ESTP is that a lot of them project an air of confidence and can-do attitude that I would find highly reassuring in that situation and imagine would have a calming effect on my anxiety/nerves.)

So, rationally, I'd choose ISTP.
Emotionally, I'd choose ESTP.