• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Rifftrax

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I love these. My roommate and I have done a whole bunch of them. Certain movies, like Independence Day and Cloverfield, for example, are ONLY watchable with a Rifftrax. :smile:

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Most definitely. My hatred of Cloverfield is legendary. Oceans 11 was one of the best, btw. And T3. I've seen about 80% of them.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
I never understood the appeal of MST3K. I mean, are people too lazy to make fun of movies themselves? They've got to have somebody do it for them? There's just something really weird about watching somebody else watch a movie.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
They did watch each movie upwards of ten times, and had about eight writers I believe, so it's pretty high density.

V

violaine

Heehee, Road House with Rifftrax! Don't think I could watch Cloverfield again even with a Rifftrax.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I think Road House was the first one. You should check it out, because it is, in fact, hilarious.

V

violaine

I think Road House was the first one. You should check it out, because it is, in fact, hilarious.

Yes I've already watched it with Rifftrax... hilarious indeed! I should have watched it a little later because nothing else seems to be measuring up. I may watch Glitter again with it. I fell about laughing the first time I saw it (without Rifftrax), I don't know if it could be much funnier.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
Most definitely. My hatred of Cloverfield is legendary. Oceans 11 was one of the best, btw. And T3. I've seen about 80% of them.

Ah, Oceans 11! I shall have to check it out. I'm slowly making my way through all of them.

I never understood the appeal of MST3K. I mean, are people too lazy to make fun of movies themselves? They've got to have somebody do it for them? There's just something really weird about watching somebody else watch a movie.

I just dig that type of humor, and these guys make lots of hilarious obscure references. They're generally a LOT funnier than when you just sit around with your friends, making fun of the movie.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
I just dig that type of humor, and these guys make lots of hilarious obscure references. They're generally a LOT funnier than when you just sit around with your friends, making fun of the movie.
They have a "guest riff" feature now, where you can upload your own. I'm sure most of them are pure ass. I had a LOT of shit to say during Stone Cold with Tom Selleck, so I may or may not try to fill out the whole movie and send it in.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx

I sorta get that, I just couldn't see doing it for an entire movie. Maybe a scene or two, but I mean, that's time i could be watching a movie I actually LIKE or doing something else that I LIKE rather than making fun of something stupid.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I sorta get that, I just couldn't see doing it for an entire movie. Maybe a scene or two, but I mean, that's time i could be watching a movie I actually LIKE or doing something else that I LIKE rather than making fun of something stupid.

Yeah. My mom's like that. She can't understand why we want to watch bad movies, even if someone's making it funny. *shrugs* Just different tastes, I guess.